I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 19, 2005

Play By Play

Let me just say this first: my air conditioner is broken. Not like my ox is broken broken. I mean it is buh-ROKEN! The official arrival of Autumn is Thursday. Thuuuuuuursday! And it was ninety-seven degrees today! An hour ago? It was 90 degrees in my apartment. It has now mercifully dropped to 88 degrees since the sun went down. I keep checking the temperature, just waiting for the outside temperature to fall below the temperature in my apartment so I can open a door. Oh and also? I got my electricity bill for last month today. I have this teensy apartment? $191. And now that my a/c is running constantly because it cannot possibly catch up when it's not even COOLING, I'm sure next month will be a wonderful surprise, as well.

OK, so GOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!! Woo! Monday night fooooootball, bay-beeeeee!!!

Let's see... teevee! I watched How I Met Your Mother tonight. It was very cute with an unexpected twist at the end. And that Doogie! How funny is THAT guy??? And when he said, "That is so going in my blog," I knew they were making fun of people like ME, but that's OK. Because it was still funny. I also caught the season premiere of Arrested Development. So wrong. So funny. So. Wrong! And then I watched Prison Break. Some stuff better start happening soon or I'm going to get bored. I think a lot of these "intense" shows have to have a lull somewhere in there or the exciting stuff isn't as exciting. Lost and 24 have a lull about 2/3 through the season. Prison Break is having a lull, which is expected. I just didn't think it would be in the 3rd episode.

Halftime! Cowboys are winning! Woo! Outside temperature: 87.2. Inside temperature: 88. UGH!

Oh, and I watched the Emmys. Total bullshit. Comedy series? Shoulda been Scrubs. At least Will and Grace didn't win. Sheesh. OK, just to wrap up my opinions: Anything Scrubs or 24 was nominated for, shoulda won. They were both robbed horribly. And Patricia Arquette? Over Mariska!? And no Lauren Graham anywhere to be found! Inconceivable. Horrid!

Oh how humanitarian of Bon Jovi to play this "fundraiser" during halftime to raise funds for the hurricane victims! Oh they just HAPPEN to be playing their new single! How wonderfully convenient! If they were really raising funds, they woulda played Living on a Prayer. I love Bon Jovi. Do not get me wrong. But sometimes these charity things reek of blatant promotion. Blech!

OK, despite its occasional lulls, I'm JAZZED about Lost coming back! Wahoo! This Wednesday 8 CDT. And Veronica Mars comes back NEXT WEEK! Two of my favorite shows and they're up against each other. If ever there were a time to get a DVR.... Sigh!

I just went over to light a candle to make the room smell nice. I stood there and looked at it while I thought about the fact that it is almost 90 degrees in my apartment and I just started a fire. Called myself an idiot and blew it out. Other great ideas for when your apartment has no a/c? Cooking dinner in the oven (which I did)! And drying some clothes (which I came dangerously close to doing)! Maybe next, I can turn on all the lights and go blow dry my hair! Also bad for cooling down?

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWBOYS TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!

That? Was gorgeous. Downright spectacular. As was my stupid silent celebration dance. But that throw. That CATCH! Highlight reel! Shu-weeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Outside: 85.9. Inside: 88. But there's still a heat index. Blech! I bet the difference is negligible. And I bet some new circulation would be good, right? This sucks. Except for the part where the Cowboys are WINNING! OK. Still 3rd quarter. Keep yer britches on. Did you guys know that I have the same birthday as Keyshawn Johnson? He's 4 years older, though. Thought I'd point that out.

I'm sleepy. But you just know I cannot go to bed. No way. If I go to bed, that's like asking if the Redskins can win. I'm sorry, I cannot let my boys down like that. Gabi and I also had our ceremonial Slurpees. The Cowboys need us to have a Slurpee on game day. They NEEEED IT! I'm sorry, I cannot take a chance on wasting Slurpee kharma on going to bed early.

OK fourth quarter. I finally opened the door for some fresh air. Still 88 degrees in here. 84.7 Outside. Pfft. Man, the Redskins are playing horribly. This is great! Punt! Man, why do we love this game so much? A bunch of guys running around after this goofy ball, trying to knock each other down. Oh but we love it. And I love that Julius Jones. I see Terry Glenn also came to play! Yeehaw!

Is a Dancing with the Stars rematch necessary? Really? Seriously? I mean, I loved John O'Hurley and I thought he shoulda won, do not get me wrong here. But geesh. Waste? Of time. I love TV but there is just no reason to get all bent out of shape over a contest where the winner won a crapass trophy. Big freakin deal. Let it goooooo!

Wahoo! Field goal! I cannot believe these guys playing football with all that padding on... in Texas Stadium. You would think that hole in the roof helps with ventilation, but you would be wrong. As was I the time I went to a Cowboys game (Thanks, Shane!) last August. It was actually "cool" enough for me to consider bringing a light jacket. Boy was that stupid. You see, there is no ventilation. No moving air. So it heats up during the day and doesn't really cool down at night. I mean, yeah, hot air rises, but if there's nothing to replace it.... there's nowhere for it to go. I hope that made at least a wee lick of sense.

Ohmygod I cannot believe that play! 4th and 15 and a giant pass to some Moss fellow and he catches it in the end zone. Redskins finally score. Too bad they're still losing. I have the Slurpee on my side, punks!

Ohmygod! Redskins just made an unbelivable touchdown! And thank you, Madden for letting us know that whoever makes the plays.... that's who wins. Hm. Deep. What if they win??? OH no! My Slurpee was for naught? NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo............................. Oh this is terrible. I can't watch. I have to watch. I can't. I must. AUGH!

I can't believe I stayed up to watch the stupid Redskins come back in the second half of the 4th quarter. No more stupid Slurpees! You owe me 3 bucks, 7-11! Hmph. I'm relatively sure I just lost my fantasy football matchup too. To a BRITISH GUY! Dammit! This is bullshit!

Well, now you know exactly what goes through my mind during a sweltering night of football and random distractions. I'm going to go stick my head in the freezer now. What? Did you think I was going to say oven???

82.8 Outside. Somehow.... Inexplicably 89 degrees inside. What the....?

4 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Obviously you need a hole in your roof. So God can watch you make fun of really important people like Bon Jovi.
At least you had a Slurpee to help cushion the blow. I didn't even have that.

Are the Stars on yet or what? -=Sigh=-

11:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd be a fun person to watch football with.

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Shane said...

Yeah, it's really great that the only picture I have of myself with you Di is one where we're both incredibly hot and sweaty, and not in the good way. We'll save that for the video. But, you gotta admit, that whole foam finger up the nose shot is priceless! Were you wearing it during the game? Despite the Slurpee drinking difficulty factor, it might have made a difference.

And reading this entry whilst already knowing the outcome of the game was Keyser Soze-like suspenseful! I couldn't wait to see how the blog ended!

And a happy belated birthday to The Gabzilla. Sorry I forgot the e-card this year. :(

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Dew said...

Uh. Not for nothing, but if it's hotter inside than it is outside, mebbe it's time to put a fan in the window and pull colder air in?

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here