I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 13, 2005

Holy Crap, My Kid is Awesome!

I knew this day would come. I just didn't think it would come so soon. Tonight, we were sitting in Chili's since her birthday is tomorrow (YAY!). I announce to her that when we get home, we get to watch Gilmore Girls because it's the season premiere!!! Now, she is often annoyed with GG since I take over the TV when it comes on and she doesn't get to watch Spongebob. She says, while still coloring, "That'll be great." Deadpan. No inflection. I look at her quizzically. "Really?" She looks up at me with a twinkle in her eye and says, "PSYCHE!" OK, #1: Nice 80's reference to a phrase that should've never gone out of style. #2.... is that.... SARCASM??? My baby? My darling child? Being sarcastic? She may not look like me, but I think we all know now that this is indeed my child. She has been paying attention!!!

And then on our way home, we were sitting about 3 cars back from a stoplight. She sees a squirrell... or what appeared to be a squirrell, anyway... looked more like an overgrown hamster to me.... running across a field and directly into a soon-to-be busy intersection! =0 I say, "Cover your eyes! Cover your eyes!" I mean, we do not need her to be scarred for life from this. The rodent-type creature skitters safely across the street and as I watch... we watch... of course she never covered her eyes.... I say, "Honey. I don't think that was a squirrell." She says, "Yes it was!" I say, "Are you sure? Where was his tail?" My genius: "Right behind him!!!" The "you idiot" portion of that statement was implied. I laughed SOOOOO hard!

And then... oh yes, there's more... we get home. I have been backing into my parking space at night since I have calculated that it saves us approximately four seconds every morning. Also, something you should know: Gabi is my personal post-it/dry erase board. She remembers EVERYTHING! What to get at the grocery store, what we have to do after school, what I came in here for. So, I start to pull in normally and then remember. I start to turn around and I say to Gabs, "Baby, you've gotta help me remember to back in. " Gabi: "Mom. You should really start to learn to remember these things yourself." Lil smartass.

I'M SO PROUD!!! =)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday gabi, from your unknown uncle jing. have a great day and keep doing what you're doing you sarcastic little smartass :).

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Dew said...

I'm just amazed that my influence over her is so palpable even at this distance....

mouaaaahahahahahahahahahaha.

Happy birthday sweet Gabi, with love from Auntie Dew. Kiss kiss and tell Mommy to check her e-mail account.

11:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's all that and a bag of chips, as they say. At the rate she's going, it's only a matter of time now until she's talking about smurf gaggings.
You've obviously taught her well, Di. Condoleeza better watch her ass.

Anyway, hope the birthday goes smoothly, and you don't have to punch out Chuck E Cheese or anything... actually, that would be hella cool. Get pictures for us.

=^..^=

8:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They learn sooo quick don't they?
LMAO

10:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, but just a tip. The correct spelling is squirrel. Just one "l"

3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here