I hope you're not expecting something specific.

December 12, 2004

Sick Sucks

Sick sucks. I don't even know if I'm actually sick, but either way, this is so not cool. The worst part is that I might be losing my voice. You see, I am OK with a stuffy nose for there are drugs for that. I am OK with headaches, for there are drugs for that. There are not drugs that can get my voice back in 20 minutes. And for those of you that only know me in my pixellated form...if you think I TYPE a lot, you should hear how much I can manage to talk. Even when there is no one around, I will find something to talk to (usually the TV). I mean, my voice is not totally gone. It's just kind of quiet and airy and when I laugh, it's downright inaudible. Sucks. I hate it. And this also means that I'll probably have to miss work tomorrow. Normally, that wouldn't really matter, but I missed last Monday too. But on the other hand...I have 85 hours of sick time so I refuse to feel bad about using 8 of that, especially when I can neither answer the phone or discuss business with my colleagues. Sure, there's email, but that doesn't really fix my phone problem.

More bad news: Cowboys lost to the SAINTS! The Saints, who had previously only lost to Arizona, beat my beloved Cowboys. Good bye, playoffs. It was nice pretending that we might have a chance with you. So this is usually the part of the season where I move on to watching the Packers for their playoff hopes. The bad news there is that they are currently losing to DETROIT! Geez, this is terrible. And now it's snowing in Green Bay, not that there's a huge shock in that revelation. Snow is pretty. On TV. When it is far far away. Yay!!! GB TOUCHDOWN!!! Man, I just love how that whole stadium completely freaks out when they score a TD. I love how the players jump up into the stands. The fans truly love their team, as they should. No owners with questionable motives. For the owners are the fans. What an amazing phenomenon the Packers are.

Wow, I can get a Jaguar for $399/month??? Sign me up! Wait. They want HOW MUCH for a down payment? Um. OK. I'll stick with my Hyundai just a wee bit longer.

Hm, I was wondering why the football players were all wearing fanny packs. Like, what could they possibly need to cart around? Chapstick? Playbook? And then I realized that they're little hand-warmers! How clever! Yes, I am easily amused. Why do you ask?

More later. I have to go pick up the bambina. Toodles!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Quiet and airy when you laugh? Sounds like royalty to me...
Hope you get to feeling better. At least there's Kuh-Sai to look forward to tomorrow night

The Ain'ts. Jeez, are they even classified as a professional football team anymore? I think I read about them getting demoted to playing local High Schools or something.
Somewhere there's a pooch walking around very gingerly because of Dallas's season.

10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here