I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 25, 2004

Mixed Bag

I haven't written in a while, so I'll just have to get everyone caught up.

Friday: Drove up to my parents' after work with Gabi. Accidentally mentioned to my Mom that I wanted to lose weight.

Saturday: I woke up to the Diet Nazi and the Atkins diet. I didn't feel the real impact until lunchtime and everyone else had hamburgers and I didn't get a sesame seed bun. No chips or root beer either. My Mom even bought me Cokes! And brought them along! Then denied me. DENIED! If I had that woman around to give me that "look" every time I looked at a chip wrong, I'd be 115 pounds in two weeks. Anyway, then after "lunch" we went on a hike. Now when my near-60-year-old parents say "We're going on a hike with you and your 4-year-old daughter," what do you think of? A nice stroll in the woods? Or a treacherous climb up a rocky mountain lined with cacti to fall on should you make one wrong little move? Well, I thought nice stroll in the woods. Our biggest problem would be the occasional bug. I really hate being wrong. And I was oh so wrong on this one. I actually had to sweat! Good news though: no tan to be found anywhere! I always lay on the SPF on my face, but I thought surely my legs or my arms would get a little something! Top of ears? NOTHING! I'm still pasty as can be. So, we made it back home just in time for all of us to shower (thankfully) and get out to the theater to see Shrek 2. I'm not sure if it's better than the first one or not because I've only seen the second one 1/278th of the times that I've seen the first one. So time will tell.

Sunday: I admitted to my Mom that I felt like total crap with the low-carb thing. So we decided I should go with low-cal instead. I think I'm borderline on having some sort of blood sugar condition anyway, so at least this way I can eat some grapes or something. I feel like I can control this one much better and I won't be so stressed. But I will have to count higher...that could be the real problem here. June 11th is the deadline! 10 year reunion! More on that later. Anyway! I went home, dropped Gabi off at her dad's and then went home, took a nap and then met Jessica out to have some beer and quesadillas. We both had a few good laughs that we BOTH needed very badly. It felt really good and I stayed out too late. I didn't get to go out and be "bad" all weekend, so I had to squeeze it all into one Sunday night when the bar is practically empty. Oh well, calm can be good, too. (No TOIL, though.. waaaaaaaaaaah!)

Monday: Just another manic....aren't you glad I got that song stuck in your head? OMG! I almost forgot! I was totally on the radio! For like, more than 10 seconds! I was luckily pulled over at the side of the road to get a GPS point for work, and they were all "If you blah blah blah, call in!" And I was! So I did! It was after 10, though, so even though the show is syndicated, it's only on in DFW after 10. Who cares! I rock! I'm a STAR! Sort of.

Tuesday: That would be TODAY! For one thing, I'm totally swamped at work! But it's nice to be needed and then work my ass off and then be told how great I do my job. I know that not everyone gets that positive feedback at their job, so I'm very thankful. But even my boss who is a total smartass says I do a good job! I tell him to put it in writing, but he never does. Hmph. Anyway! So after a hard day's work, I come home to....AMERICAN IDOL FINALE! Speaking of which, let me see if I can get through yet...of course not! I think both girls are great, but the difference is, Diana is boring and Fantasia is interesting. I have to admit, though, that it'd be cool to have another celebrity named Diana. You know, besides me! And then...OOOOOH.... the 24 FINALE!!! So much excitement in one night! I don't want to give anything away, because if you don't watch it now, I hope you find someone with Seasons One and Two on DVD and catch up. Season Three should be out by Christmas. Anyway, the last 3 hours of this one were just phenomenal. I have been glued and forgetting to breathe and just all around thrilled by this show. It is so GREAT! Season Two is still my favorite for extended periods of suspense and keeping the ridiculous sub-plots to a minimum, but Season Three had FIGHTER JETS! I'm just sayin....OH! And I also got an email from the girl who is coordinating our 10 year HS reunion (who I'm excited to see) and she let me know that she got an RSVP from one of my very favorite people from HS! I was so excited I almost fell outta my chair! She was even kind enough to include her email address so I rattled off a very incoherent email with a lot of exclamation points!!! So before, I was halfway looking forward to it and halfway dreading it but 100% curious. Now I'm totally looking forward to it and I just can't wait. I'm not even sure I really care about taking this weight off any more. I mean, I'll still try but I won't be terribly disappointed if I don't do it (how's that for motivation?). I'm just happy I'll get to see these girls again and be goofy with them again. It'll be just like old times, but with BEER!

DAY AFTER TOMORROW OPENS IN 3 DAYS! Wheeeeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here