I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 02, 2004

Sorry I bit your neck, TOIL

My weekend so far...remember how last weekend I got my dork diploma? Yeah, well now I'm a freshman at Dork U with a 4.0 GPA. Get this...

Friday night: So he was working. I was drinking. Not heavily, I was still in my right mind. At one point, TOIL asks me "Why are you so nice to me?" And I'm like uh, I thought I was nice to everyone. And he says "You are really nice to everyone, but you're extra nice to me." I just played it off like "Well, I think you're extra nice, honey. Why wouldn't I be?" I was really thinking because I think you're amazing and perfect and I want to have your children. Anyway! Later on, this really cute guy comes and sits down next to us. Like if Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler had a baby and then got a better nose, that would be Jake. Jake is a hot guy name, just FYI. So we talk. He's not terribly funny, but he's nice and not a jerk like hot guys can be sometimes. So we go to this place after the bar closes. It's basically man-church, so that's just what I'm going to call it. So I drove alone and Jessica and Brad and some other random guy were in a car. Jake was supposed to be following me, but I lost him and no, not on purpose! I wait in the parking lot while I look for everyone else because I didn't recognize any of the cars in the parking lot. This is not a crowded place, so it was easy to do. So I call Jessica to see where she is and here comes this car with Jessica and Brad screaming out the windows "Show me show me show me how you do that trick...." Too funny. This other car comes up behind them and two people from the original bar get out before the Jessica and the Brad and start walking up. I recognize them and say hi. I didn't really know them, it was a brooding guy with a baseball cap and a sloppy t-shirt and a girl with short, kind of spiky highlighted hair with black rimmed glasses. She says to me "You waiting on people?" And I sort of motion to Jessica's car like I'm about to say "Yeah, they're right there." And before I can say anything she goes "For [original bar] people? Psha, I'm not waiting out here for them." OK, at first I was thinking, what a strange thing to say. Then I was like, that was kind of rude, no? I just kind of gave her a "Heh" as she walked by me. So I wait for Jessica and company and we go inside and hang out for a while. Then [original bar] staff start showing up and we move around into one happy little group. Well, the bar is a square. I'm sitting on one side of a corner and TOIL is on the other. So we're right next to each other, just around the corner. And on the other side of him is Spiky Girl and Brooding Boy. I was talking to my friend Diane and not really paying attention. Then, after being there for over an hour, in walks Jake. What the....??? We were like...where have you been? We thought you went home. He was like, no, I just got lost. I'm thinking, after an hour I would've just gone home. So Jake stands right in between me and TOIL, which is fine because he's talking to Spiky Girl anyway. But I can see TOIL out of the corner of my eye while I'm talking to Jake. This, just for the record, isn't the best set up because I kept zoning out just watching TOIL flirt with this girl. I couldn't believe this. I just wanted to shake him and tell him that she's kind of a jerk. But my zoning out wasn't a huge problem because Jake wasn't that interesting anyway. Mean? Maybe. True? Yes. Oh did I mention that Jake is moving to Alaska in 3 months? Right. So what's the point, I say. The flirting between TOIL and Spiky Girl continues. Then a peck on the cheek from him to her. OK, well I kiss my friends on the cheek all the time. Kiss on the LIPS? Hey, I'm sitting right here! You know that feeling when the whole world kind of gets zapped away for a split second? I was crestfallen but not destroyed, so I just decided to actually pay attention to Jake. Closing time. Jake and I walk about before everyone else and we stand in the parking lot talking. All of the rest of everyone comes out and goes to their cars. Spiky Girl says to TOIL "I'm following you, right?" Grrrr. Go home, Spiky Girl! No sooner had I thought that and Jake kissed me. Yay, hot guy kissing me, right? Yay? No. The boy kissed like a snake. Jake the Snake. Tongue before lips. And then he didn't do anything interesting with his tongue. Just back and forth. What am I supposed to do? How do I contribute to this? So whether TOIL saw this or not, I don't know. But it was cold and windy and I was without a jacket. Jake keeps saying he wants to hang out with me some more and I'm all, no I'm super tired, I have to go home. Whew! Well, he doesn't get my number or anything but he says he'll see me out tomorrow night. I confirm that I'll be out in the same place, so just look for me. Go home. Sleep.

Saturday: Jessica and I went shopping. Shopping rules. As does Jessica. Then I went down to Dallas to meet my friend Mike from Austin (Kessy!!!). Just for the record, he is just as cool and funny and sweet as he seems. And very tall. But he contends that it's only because I am very short. Ha! Love that guy. So as soon as I get back from Dallas, I go straight to the bar. I'm not there 15 minutes before someone buys all of the regular alcoholics a shot. Great. For me, shot + beer = drunk. I can do one or the other and be fine, but as soon as they mix, I'm toast. So the night goes on. TOIL is busy and when he would walk by, a hand on the shoulder, a poke in the arm, just general acknowledgements. This makes me happy and makes me forget Spiky Girl. Hell, it makes me forget Jake, too (who never showed up, by the way). I was sitting next to Jessica playing this stupid game and being very loud, but on accident. I'd catch myself and try to keep it down. Eeps! So TOIL stops by our corner of the bar because he has been helping the other end. I extend my right hand and I say "TOIL, you're so far away tonight!" And he grabs my hand and says "I know sweetheart, I'll come visit later" and then he kissed my hand. Anyone watching my face during this.....if they didn't know how I felt before, there was no hiding it now. I'm pretty sure I just melted with the biggest, goofiest grin ever. And it was just a little peck on the hand! Sigh. He has the softest lips. I hope you still have that puke bucket handy from a few posts ago. Anyway! Being the perfect human that he is, he keeps his promise. When business slows down, he comes out to say hi to Jessica and me. He puts an arm around each of us and we both hugged him except Jessica let go and I didn't. Which is fine. He just stood there with his arm around me and talked to us for a minute. Then I kind of back up and say "You always smell so good. Even after you've been working. I've never been around you when you didn't smell really good." Then he tells me how sweet I am and gives me another squeeze. At this point, I kind of put my face right in his neck to get another whiff of whatever that dreamy smell is and I took a nibble. I couldn't help it! It was delicious, though. Damn. I'm almost inclined to apologize to him tonight, but I'm not sorry. Not even a little bit. I guess I'm sorry if I made him uncomfortable. He didn't turn around and say "What the hell??" or freak out or anything. But like I've said before, he is the nicest guy ever and would never be mean to me. Especially now that I think he's starting to get the idea that I dig him. He just kind of laughed like part "hey that tickled" and "whoa, didn't see that one coming." But he didn't run away, so I'll take that as a good sign. I think at that point, he pulled away but somehow ended up holding my hand, which I will totally take. So it was the end of the night, so we left.

Sunday: Tonight is karaoke, so I'll be out there again tonight for a couple of hours. Last time they had karaoke and I was there, he said he liked how I sing. SIGH! Wait. I believe his exact words were "Oh my GOD, you sing great!" He even knocked over his beer cheering for me. That was rad. That was before I was in love with him, though so I didn't spontaneously combust. I am a complete wreck over this guy. I need to keep it together or I'm going to freak him out. That's what Mark says. And he knows a lot. Possibly everything. OK, update on tonight's shenanigans later. The End. For Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here