I hope you're not expecting something specific.

April 27, 2004

Please don't expect this post to have a point...

I've been chastised for not updating my blog as often as I should. Geez, sorry people! Not really. That just means that people are actually reading it and actually liking it. I like that you like it. I like that you like ME! Awww, puffy clouds and ponies everywhere! So I guess I'll just update you on what has happened since um....Thursday? Yes, Thursday was my last spot.

Friday: Went to the bar to play my usual Friday game of Abused News Trivia. I have gotten first place, like, 12 out of 13 weeks. Call me a nerd, you won't be the first. And that one time I didn't get first, I got a close second and was shocked and dismayed (not really since I lost to a cute, and obviously very smart, boy). Except on Friday. Friday I came in 6th out of 6. I couldn't believe it. I guess I was too busy working to actually read the news last week. Sucks. So then I find out that our "after-hours" bar has closed. See, it's not really an after-hours bar, it just stays open until 2 and we would go there because all the bars in my town close down at 12 on Fridays. Lame. So anyway, it's closed! What do we do at 12:01!?? Well, one guy decides to have some people over. It turns out, he has a super nice house with a really fat cat. It has a nice porch and a swimming pool in the back yard. Now, the cool thing is, we were under a tornado warning for pretty much the whole night. Storms everywhere, but obviously the worst stuff never got near us. That's the thing about tornadoes. They're so random, it's hardly worth getting worked up over unless you're basically right underneath one. This coming from someone who freaked out about RAIN for a good 20 years of her life. ANYWAY! So it was very cool with the rain and the lighting and the porch-sitting until 4:30 a.m. And of course The One I Love was there and momentarily held my hand. SIGH! He has soft hands. But we didn't make out or anything. That part sucked. But I was in his presence, so it was good enough for me. Take this time to go puke. When you get back, I'll be on Saturday.

Saturday: I spent most of Saturday hung over and taking naps. Then I went out again. This time with my homegirl Jessica. Now, I have been friends with Jessica for at least 11 years and I can't fathom being angry with her. She is really one of the funniest people I've ever met and I feel like I can truly be myself around her. So we laugh very loudly when we're together. Backtrack. The weekend before, The One I Love (TOIL for short....ironic? Possibly.) was out. OK, so he works at the bar, but he was a regular there before he started working there, so for him to be hanging out there sounds weird, but it isn't. Well, like a total dumbass, I tell him I had a dream about him. It wasn't dirty or anything, just very sweet. In my dream, we had snuck (sneaked?? nobody knows) (Thanks, Shane for the rad website!) onto a golf course and we were just playing the greens. Sort of a midnight putt-putt game. Well, that's all I told him, even though in the dream we had like, the best kiss ever (keep that puke bucket near). So we discussed the ins and outs of dream analysis and determined that there was no clear-cut meaning in dreams of miniature golf. I told him it was very pleasant and he said good and that was the end of it. I felt like a dork of about a C level. I really really don't want him to know that I'm crushing on him. I know it's very 7th grade, but I'd like for him to come to like me on his own, if he so wishes, without any sort of pressure. So, back to this past Saturday and TOIL is working the main register. Well, he breaks the key off in the register. It turns out that, much to his chagrin, not only was this a very old key, it was the ONLY key! So the register is stuck. He never feels guilty, as he should not have, since the manager failed to have a spare. So as the manager is trying to pry the damn thing open with a screwdriver, TOIL steps off to the side and says "You know, I just had a dream last night that I broke the key to that thing." And I perk up, "Oh, so dreams really do come true?" Graduate to Grade A Dork! He manages a slight laugh because he is the nicest guy ever as I frame my diploma. Mental note: Feign drunkenness and lack of memory next time you talk to TOIL. I am such a dork.

Sunday: Sat around feeling like a dork.

Monday: I won burritos for me and everyone in my office! I'm the most popular girl at work! Yay burritos!

Today: Went to work and organized burrito lunch. I make lots of jokes and the people at work suddenly notice I have a sense of humor. After 3 years. Oh! And I realized that on Internet Man Mark's website, there is a fantastic picture of him and he just happens to be wearing the jacket I bought for him. This makes me feel super-cool. OK, don't go thinking that I am tripped up stupid for purchasing clothing for a man I've never met. Sometimes I go out to the thrift stores and I see things that I think he might like so I buy them. You'd do the same thing! It was the right size and color and had little fake bottle openers on the sides. How can you pass that up? Ok, what else....We came home, watched American Idol (go La Toya). If any of you vote for John Stevens, I'm spending the money to have your dialing fingers broken. I know people. Don't doubt me. DON'T! Then I watched 24 which literally made me stop breathing a total of 3 times, at least. I think I was so far off the edge of my seat that I actually fell down. I'm not sure because I was paying attention to the story. It was that good. So then I went to one of my favorite websites ever, TWoP to read the AI recap from LAST week. It literally had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Please, if you have time, and you watch the show, follow that link and scroll down to the recap titled "It's the End of the World as We Know it. I Feel Fine." It's sort of long, but you can print it out and read it when you're bored, or over lunch or something. I know long articles don't bother you because you're still reading this. Speaking of which, I should wrap this thing up. I promise I'll try to have one topic tomorrow. Until then, cupcakes and unicorns!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here