I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 03, 2004

Congratulations, Me on your least dorky performance yet!

Sunday night: I go to sing karaoke. I was sad because Jessica and Brad didn't show up and also because I had to leave early. But the good news is, I got to sing three songs and, of course, TOIL was there. SIGH! Actually, he showed up halfway through my first song (Like a Prayer). Yeah, that wasn't distracting AT ALL! Then, he sort of disappears. I don't see him for a few minutes. I get called up for my second song (Proud Mary) and BAM he reappears again. Now, I just have to say here....I don't usually do duets (except with Jessica), but the karaoke guy, Joel, asked if he could sing the bass line, and I'm like, OK, what the hell. That sentence had a lot of commas. So, basically, we tore it up. I think that was possibly the best I've ever sang in public (in my opinion, anyway). It felt good and I'm glad I had the audience that I did. They seemed to enjoy it. I enjoyed it. I almost forgot that You Know Who was standing nearby. So by this time, all I had gotten from the guy was a wave when he walked in and I was singing. We had made eye contact a couple of times, but he was talking to other people so you know, whatever. Finally! He stops by. Asks the normal "how ya doin?" blah blah blah. He smelled really really good, by the way. And so I just jump in..."I seem to remember me possibly biting you last night?" And he says "It's OK. You didn't bite me hard. It didn't hurt." Hahaha I love this guy! And I say, "Well, I'm sorry, I didn't ...." and I was going to say "I didn't want to cross the line or anything" which is a quasi-lie. But it's true that I didn't want him to be uncomfortable around me. But he cut me off before I could finish! Can you believe that? He says "Don't worry, sweetheart. Any time. Any time." And with that he turned and walked away. I was all, so now's good? Just thinking it really loud. I didn't yak it up like I usually do. Dork grade for Sunday night: D+! Yay! Finally, I'm failing at something! That didn't sound right. I hope no one takes that out of context. So anyway! I sang my last song (Something To Talk About) and then went around to say good bye to everyone before I left. I made a point to give him a hug and squeeze his hand (Sigh!) before I said I'd see him Friday. I am in this bad, People. I am in a good mood all the time. I drive the speed limit. I don't care (as much) when I get cut off. I sing the sappy songs on the radio. I want to quit all of my bad habits. I just can't tell if he really does like me or if he's just trying not to hurt my feelings. He's the kind of guy that would go out of his way to make sure I didn't get my feelings hurt because he didn't like me. But I also think he's the type of person that would tell me as soon as he sensed there might be a problem. Although, I have asked him to marry me twice and he said yes both times. Those were quickly followed up by him emphasizing his wish to have many deductions...er...children! Hahaha Just kidding. He's great. Loves kids. Of course. So anyway, I don't know what I'm going to do. I think I should just roll with it and see what happens. I've been told I should just shut up and ask him out already, but I can't do that. If he's going to like me, I really want him to come to that on his own. So for now, you suckers are my outlet. Getting to hear about his every move, my every mental crisis. Fun for the whole family! Great holiday fun! The only problem is, I can't really find anything to complain about because I'm in such a perpetually good mood. OK, here, let me try really hard.....Nope, nothing to complain about. How about a cute Gabi story? Gabi's the munchkin, by the way.

So. We're reading The Jungle Book 2. And once again, Shere Khan's being a real ass. I stop reading and put the book down and turn to Gabi and ask "What's his problem anyway?" And she says "I don't know. I think there's something wrong with his head." I ask, "How do you think he got that way?" Gabi's astounding, scientifically-based answer: "It's probably something he ate." Ha! Like the poor kitty's got heartburn or something. What a ham that kid is! So there you have it. One non-TOIL, non-American Idol-related story. Like, in the entire history of my blog. Congratulations, ME! The End. For Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here