I hope you're not expecting something specific.

March 21, 2005

Word of the day: Inappropriate

Spring has definitely sprung. We had our first severe weather outbreak today. Woohoo! Luckily, only a barn was damaged (poor lil barn). You know, sometimes it's really hard for me to be such a disaster nut. I mean, it's not that I enjoy them. Of course I don't enjoy people being hurt or property being damaged. It's just difficult to immediately convey to people that it is the natural phenomenon that I find fascinating and not the destruction. After all, disasters happen when natural phenomena intersect with humans. And studying the way that it affects humans is the only way to prevent or lessen damage in the future. So that comes off as fascination and often inappropriate fascination, at that. And you know how it is. When you've studied something so intently and for so long, it's hard to keep that knowledge to yourself a lot of times. OK, every time. But most people study cars or computers and when is it really inappropriate to discuss those things (sexual relations notwithstanding)? I find that it is often much more socially acceptable to talk about the weather in general and not the mind-boggling forces of nature that produce the extreme weather. I think I successfully explained to Gabi what a bandera cloud (aka the Pileus) was today. Random.

Also, Spring? Thanks for the allergies! They've really ramped up my snot productivity lately. In fact, I didn't even know I could produce that much. Here's to breaking records!

In other news, the party on Saturday was fun for the first nine hours until someone started calling me inappropriate names that I will not repeat here. Needless to say, it was easy to leave after he ruined it. I was having a good time until that, though. They had two great dogs and a nice house. Except for the orange room with pink moulding. I almost lost my lunch, y'all. I tried to be so nice and bite my tongue but I just hate those two colors together. They hurt my head! So I just said, "It's um... really bright!" ...and went back outside to play with the dogs. Oh, and I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em. As in, from people who weren't trying to cheat from the beginning. Actual nice people who taught me how to play correctly and nearly got beat by me. We started out with five people and I was one of the last two in and we played back and forth on and on until it was looking pretty sorry on my end. Adam was like the USA and I was like.... Nepal. And then he bet all of his golden buildings and what was I going to do? I had to bet all of my mountain goats on one hand and I lost. Oh well. Next time..... I'm totally bringing my Sherpas. Or something.

Oh, and Jessica and I did some experimenting in the area of shit-talking. March Madness really does bring out the best in people (EXCEPT SYRACUSE!). Upon learning of the Oklahoma State victory, we exclaimed with the usual "boo-yah" and "aw yeah" and then I come out with "Suck it!" She just looked at me with this blank face and said, "You can't say that. You're a girl." I said, "Really? What am I supposed to say?" So then we put some girl-friendly shit-talking to the test. We decided that "stuff it," "lick it," and "stick it" are all girl-appropriate while "suck it" must be reserved for men only. I also found out the hard way that "cram it" is always inappropriate. We have done the testing so you don't have to. Just one of the many services we provide (not like that, you pervs!).

Anyhoo, off to bed. Hope you have a lovely day and that Spring can wash that cold dead carcass out of your barren heart. (See? THAT was inappropriate!) Toodles!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

I'm not really of the opinion that "stick it" is such a bad thing to be told to do. "Stuff it" and "lick it" aren't sounding any worse, either...

Without going all Larry Summers, I don't think your talk will have the desired level of trash. Best to stick with gender-neutral exclamations. Or you can go in the opposite direction and get completely fucking bizarre.
Try "Porch Fucker!" or "I got yer garden weasel right here..." and see what happens. Best if you have someone tape the whole thing to capture those priceless looks on the unsuspecting guinea pigs.

Nice rack on that cloud, by the way. ;)

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Ciberblade said...

I'm not so sure that 'suck it' is implicitly male oriented. For the same process can affect women as much or more so than men ;)

5:20 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I tend to agree with ciber when it comes to the whole "suck it" issue. But I'm totally down with hamm on the ambiguous insults. "Porch fucker!" OMG that is just classic. I like to invent insults to catch people completely offguard. You'd think it would just confuse them, but usually it just makes people think you've got one up on them, like "Damn, none of my friends even know THAT one! That guy/gal/monkey is a badass." Of course, sometimes it can backfire on you. If you need an insult quickly and you don't have your wits about you, you may end up spitting out something like, "I bet you have CANCER!!!" And when it turns out that they really do, it's bad news. So be careful with that. :D

6:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:53 PM

 
Blogger Dew said...

I'm with the fellas on the "suck it" usage: it can mean "muh tittie" or "muh big toe" or "muh left earlobe", so I'd say it's gender-neutral. I, however, have been known to throw out "suck my dick" when sufficiently ired, and when questioned, just pat my inner thigh. Usually ends most argumenation, oddly.

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here