I hope you're not expecting something specific.

March 17, 2005

Happy St Patty's Day!

First, I would like to say a huge thank you to Thomas who helped me put links over in my sidebar. Woooo! I didn't know if I should use the title of the blog or the name of the person who wrote the blog, so I just used titles for now (because SOMEONE showed me how to change it! Thank you again!). Anyway, Thomas's nom de guerre is Ciberblade, so you'll just have to guess which blog is his.

Also, I'm having one heckuvan allergy attack. It started in my left nostril yesterday and has enjoyed setting up camp in my sinuses since then. Here's to sunshine and Allegra!

Oh and Gabi? Read One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish almost entirely by herself! We also went to the library. I was busy perusing the early reader stuff, but she decided she wanted a dinosaur book. So we looked up dinosaurs on the computer, went over to the "juvenile" section and located the dinosaurs. As I'm trying to pick out an age-appropriate book with the fewest scientific names, she started perusing the stacks. I finally found one and I ask her what she thinks. She has pulled out a book called Picture Dictionary of Chemistry and was "reading" it quite enthusiastically. She asked if we could check it out and what do you say? "No, you cannot be a world-class scientist when you grow up?" Of course we brought it home. I'm so blown away by her curiosity. She just wants to know how EVERYTHING works! I wish I could tell her, but all I know a whole lot about are clouds and maps. Everything else is pretty much tip-of-the-iceberg knowledge. Anyway. We register her for kindergarten in three weeks. WAAAAAH!!!! :)

I filled out a bracket for the NCAA tournament and joined a group at espn.com because Sevi forced me to. Yeah, I'm losing. Pretty badly! But it's only the first round, so hopefully the upsets will become a little more rare (except for the ones I picked, of course). All I have to say is that I'm really glad we didn't put any money on it.

Off to bed so that maybe tomorrow my head will be unfogged. Hope your St Patty's day was filled with lots o' luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger di said...

Um, I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is not "our" Fish. I do think it's appropriate that their cause has taken on the color of Home Depot, though.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Sounds like some kind of tangeriene conspiracy... or maybe pummalos. What the hell are pummalos anyway?

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Dew said...

A pummelo is a citrus fruit, very much like a grapefruit but quite a bit larger, like, as big as yo' haid.

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here