I hope you're not expecting something specific.

February 16, 2005

American Idol Overdramatization

I had to hand-write my American Idol notes since Gabi was TOTALLY hogging the computer! Hee! It’s OK, though. I had a good time kickin it old school with the pen and paper. So here are my notes….

Cameras in the elevator? Cool! But 30 seconds? How are they powering that thing? Hunchbacks?

Matthew Kester – Looks like an alien? Kinda scary? Oh whew. He’s not through. I wasn’t that impressed with him…

Wait… I thought we were finding out the same time they did? Remember that teaser? Guess I was confused…. If anyone has any insight on this, it’d be appreciated.

They show about five more dudes getting rejected. Denied!

David Brown - Oh PLEASE! As if we don’t know he’s through! He is so in. Judges love this guy. Told ya! Ka-ching! 100% so far.

Tammy Nash is part of the teaser… is there anything she doesn’t freak out about? Breathe!

Y’all, Veronica Mars was so good last night. What with Logan’s Mom and Abel Koontz all dying and stuff… like. Whoa. See? I can’t even pay attention to 30 second commercials. Also, this is how you know that this is totally stream of consciousness prose.

Back on!

Tammy Nash and Jessica Sierra – Only the judges know who goes through? I call BS. Nigel Lythgoe TOTALLY knows!

Why is Tammy crying? Nothing has even happened yet! I know she’s stressed, but sheesh. Jessica is going first anyway and she is totally through! Don’t know how I feel about that…

Tammy is in the hot seat and… she’s not crying? She’s done. I think she’s relieved. Aw, she congratulated Jessica! How sweet!

Nikko Smith – Have we seen him before? I don’t remember him which probably means he’s through. Because… why would they introduce us to someone new only to axe them? You can’t fool me, Lythgoe! And, he’s in. Toldja.

Aloha – Once again! Never heard of her! So she must be through….. and I’m right. AGAIN!

Mikalah – I think she’s through. I think Simon’s got a little crush. Haha! After Randy and Paula say how hard it is to send people home, Simon, oh so genially disagrees. Hee! She’s totally through! I like her except fo rthe buying her mom implants thing. Creepy? Is that a tattoo on her back? Hm, maybe it’s fake. I used to do fake tattoos in college. Man, talk about freaking people out! One time I put this gigantic blue/red/yellow/green bird on my back and people were all, “When did you get THAT?” Hee! Talk about an attention-getter. Ahem.

Commercial: Clairol will talk you through the massacre of your hair if you call them? How…. Sweet. Seriously, when I was getting my hair done last time, my “stylist” told me that most dye jobs they do are for people who tried to do it themselves first. Eek! I’ll take my chances with the professionals thank you very much.

Anthony – I predict he’s through (real hard, eh?). I think all the girls will go gaga for him all blonde and stuff. I’m totally right (natch), but can we comb his hair? What’s up with the mini-mohawk? Seriously. No.

Nadia! Yay!!!

Vonzell! Yay!!!

Carrie! Yay!!!

Those three were too easy. I’m glad they didn’t try to create drama around ‘em.

Judd Harris – Considering the first we heard of him was last week, I say he’s through. And…. I’m right! Toldja! Either I’m really good or they’re making this way too easy.

Erin – Never heard of her so that means…. They showed a clip and I’m hoping no! I hate her eye shadow. Holy scary eye shadow. Seriously. Wow. She’s a no. Thank goodness because I’m not sure I could take any more of her cosmetic shenanigans.

Ivan – No. Whoever you are. Thank goodness according to that clip.

Yolanda – Do we know her? Well, we don’t any more. Scoot.

Faith – Very confident. Or false security? I say no. I was right. I’m awesome, you guys! Whoa. Drama. Queen! You tried hard? Like everyone else didn’t? As if everyone else didn’t want it just as bad as you? Whoa, real likable with your rant there, doll. I don’t get people like this. Teaser: Ryan, we don’t need to see you calming her down! Don’t give her any more attention encouraging this behavior. I hate it when these people feel so entitled to win or get so far just because they tried hard or they were nice. Not the end of the world! This is what we get (as a society) when we repeatedly tell people that if they just want it enough, they can have whatever they want! I mean, I’m all for an optimistic outlook, but you have to be talented and have the right attitude and be LIKED by a very fickle public. You’ve got to remember that the people telling you to just “believe” are people who have made it. Easy for them to sit there and tell you that they wanted it enough and they believed enough. So when you fail for whatever reason, you don’t get how you didn’t believe enough. Not everyone who “believes” in themselves has the talent to make it.

Sara Mather – Yes!

Celena – She’s so in because I don’t remember her. Holy Britney Murphy lookalike! And I didn’t realize it until after the show that she’s from Fort Worth! Woohoo!!! Go hometown girl!

Janay – Yes, I think. Yes! I’m so right. Again! Not to be all over-confident or anything….

JP mini-interview – Gabi says, “He looks like Elvis except his face is bigger.” Oh you!

Joe Moreno – Hello! Where have you been the past 3 weeks? Yum! And we’ll get to see more! Yesssssss!

Anwar – Please! We know he’s through! Another judges’ darling. They do an interview with him but I can’t hear what he’s saying because Gabi is busy with her own audition. Hee!

Jamar – From DeSoto, TX and he’s not through and I’m totally OK with that.

John Zisa – No emporor of New Jersey for us! He’s out!

JP again – No Elvis for us! Aw, how sweet! Handshakes all around at the end. He was cool but just not quite good enough. Maybe he can have a talk with Faith about having a decent attitude when things don’t go your way.

Commercials: Life on a Stick? Really?

Lindsey Cardinale – No brainer. Of course she’s in!

Melinda somebody – She’s in!

Mario Vasquez! - Yes!

Kim somebody – No? No.

Constantine & Bo Bice – Can we please retire the word “rocker” from this season? For heavens sakes. Bo seems better, I say. Did Constantine just say they were 29?

Bo – Yes. As long as he doesn’t throw his hair around, I hope he goes far. He’s got a good voice.

Constantine – Thinks he’s out because Bo got in, but do the judges care about having two “rockers” (ugh) in the competition? Apparently not. He’s through?!? OK. ‘Tever.

Jaclyn and Amanda – Two girls. One spot. Who will it be? I say Jaclyn because geez, it’s been all about her these past few eeks. Oh wow! I was outright wrong! First time for everything, I suppose. Jaclyn’s really young, though. Really. I’m not sure her emotions could let her really flourish in this kind of environment.

Scott Savol is so in! Don’t tease like that! The last two will totally fight it out just like Jaclyn and Amanda did. So we got Dreads and No Dreads (I haven’t caught their names just yet). I say No Dreads makes it though.

I told you Scott would go through. The thug with a voice like an angel.

No Dreads = Travis Tucker and he’s in. Just like I said. Hee!

Oh yay. Memories montage. Can we get a review of the finalists or something? Instead of reminiscing about the past…. Three weeks? Mmmmm LL Cool J. He’s pretty. Did Mr. Mom-passes-out make it?

Monday? Did he say Monday?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dew said...

Couple of Thanksgivings ago, Bryan and I flew to NYC to spend the holiday with my family (rather than driving to Santa Barbara as we've done for *most* of the last 12 1/2 years, but I promise I'm not bitter), and we were in the third row in bid'ness class. And in front of us was LL Cool J's lawyer, and behind us were the two guys who comprised his posse that flight, and he was in the last row of first class (just 3 rows from us), and OH MUH GAWD is he FOINNNNNE. O.M.G.

11:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here