I hope you're not expecting something specific.

February 06, 2005

Go....FOOTBALL TEAM!!!

Ah, yes! Super Bowl Sunday! I should be excited. I should be jazzed. But really, I just feel pretty damn apathetic. I mean, as a Cowboys fan I've been solemnly sworn to hate Philadelphia and pull for their opponents under any and all circumstances. Unless their opponents are the Redskins, in which case I am stuck in the odd position of hoping they both lose. So I should pull for the Patriots, right? But they're AFC. I don't know anything about the AFC, much less the Pats! No wait. I know one thing about the Pats: they have both a killer offense and defense. And Tom Brady is hot. OK, so I know two things about the Pats. Oh, and their logo looks like a flying Elvis (thanks to Sevi for pointing that out). OK, so I know three things about the Pats. You see, I'm a fishbowl fan. During the regular season, all I care about are the Cowboys and anything that might affect the Cowboys. And what directly affects the Cowboys are threefold: Giants, Eagles, Redskins. Other than that, I'm pretty clueless as to what goes on in the rest of the league. Hell, I just figured out Tom Brady was hot like, last week.

Anyway, I have another problem pulling for the Pats. I'll tell you, but please don't tell the Cowboys Fan Board or they shall surely pull my membership. You see.... this is so hard to admit ....I really love Donovan McNabb. Before I knew that he played for the most evil team in football, I saw him on a children's show teaching kids how to throw a really good pass. He stole my heart right then. And I've been a fan ever since. Every time he has an interview on TV, I stop and watch and he is just so nice and has a sense of humor. And then... when he's out on the field? He's just so... GOOD! He's fast, he's smart. Sigh. What am I going to do about this crush? It's totally Montague/Capulet. There is no way that a Cowboys fan can love a McNabb! But the reality is... it has happened and there is nothing anyone can do to reverse it. Don't worry. I won't poison myself over it or anything. Or did she stab herself? Eh, who cares. FOOTBALL!

But on the OTHER HAND!! I simply must go for the Patriots based on one thing: I hate Terrell Owens. Hate. Hate. Hate. I was most certainly going for the Eagles to win until I heard that he would play regardless of his injury (smacked down upon him by the COWBOYS!!!). Then I was like, eh, I hope they lose in a most serious and embarrassing way. TO is quite possibly the most obnoxious player in football. Is he good? I don't care. His antics and terrible sportsmanship are beyond anything I can find to be acceptable for even an exceptional player. So I hope he loses and I hope he's embarrassed, although he probably won't be because his ego will probably tell him that it wasn't his fault.

For a game I feel so apathetic about, I sure am conflicted.

All in all, I guess what I really want is a good game. And some good commercials, although the past few years, they've seemed kind of forced. Anyway, I'm going over to Melinda's to watch the game so Gabi can play with Amy. I saw Melinda out last night and asked what she was doing for the game. She said she would stay home and build a taco bar and have some people over and let the girls play upstairs... And I stopped her and said, "Melinda. You had me at taco bar." So, t-minus 5 hours and 15 minutes-ish, so I better get going. I have to take a shower (bathing is definitely recommended), get some laundry started, go to the grocery store, go pick up Gabi and make it back to Melinda's by game time. WHEW! It's times like these I really wish I had a stopwatch. Ready..... GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here