I hope you're not expecting something specific.

January 26, 2005

Hey y'all? Guess what? My kid's a genius. I know, I know....all parents say that. But really! So we're driving to school this morning. It is a beautiful day. Gabi is just a-singin along to....the music in her head. And she stops: "Mommy! Mommy!" Me: "What, baby?" Her: "Look! Cirrus clouds!" How many five year olds do you know that know what cirrus clouds are? And she was totally right! She also correctly identified the "clouds that airplanes make." Mama's so proud of her lil angel! Oh, and school? Starts August 11th! Waaaaaahh she's so BIG!!!!

OK, so have you guys been watching 24? First we got heavy weaponry right at 8:00 (RPGs!), and this time, we got helicopters! Lots and lots of helicopters! I thought we were gonna get some fighter jets, though. I mean, I think I heard them fly over at that ever-so-important ten minute mark, but....whew! Every time it went to commercial, I had to remember to breathe! Keep hope alive that the fighter jets that blew Saunders's bad-guy helicopter to bits in Season 3 will make a Season 4 cameo.

I'm sleepy.

And then, The Amazing Race! Our first Jonathan/Victoria (read: screecing!) free episode! Siiiiiiiigh of RELIEF! But the crapola part: the mondo bunching. Basically, whatever happens in the first 45 minutes of the show? Means nothing! When we saw that the park didn't open till 8:30, I felt so robbed. ROBBED! So the entire leg of the race comes down to this one thing? All that other stuff didn't matter???? RRRRAAAR! And the dumbest of all: Adam/Rebecca totally missed the train and was an hour and a half behind everyone else! And then Lori/Bolo got Philiminated because of a ticket stub? BOOOOO!!! Lori is so awesome and Bolo is so dumb that together, they're really dumb/awesome. How often does that happen? Seriously. I'm going to miss them. I had to let go some time, though, so that Kris/Jon can win. They are so precious! Love! Them!

And American Idol!!! Oh why do I love this show so much? WHY?

And in serious news: That train wreck in Glendale, CA? It was caused by a guy who wanted to kill himself and then changed his MIND at the LAST MINUTE! Why didn't he move his truck? I understand that the man is mentally ill and had tried to kill himself before, but I can't help but sit here and think of what a total selfish asshole this guy is. When you try to kill yourself three times and "fail" all three times? You're just looking for attention. That may sound insensitive, but for heavens sakes, eleven people died because of this guy. He stood there and WATCHED! I can't help but be angry with him.

OK, glad I got that out. In better news, the co-parent got a new car! YAAAAY!!! A bright red 2004 Impala. It's very nice and it's ABOUT TIME! I cannot tell you how relieved I am that he now has some reliable transport. I just want to welcome him to the "real world" what with the new job, new car, and the moving out of the college town. I'm actually kinda proud of him in a way. Not in the way that a mother is proud of her child. More like, the way you feel when you know that someone is finally utilizing their potential. He did good things at his last job, but maybe now he can do great things. He may infuriate me to no end at times, but that doesn't mean he's not a smart guy. I mean, just because I kinda want to kick him in the head sometimes doesn't really mean that he doesn't have ambition.

OK, yeah, now I'm really sleepy. Thanks for staying up to read my incomprehensible rantings. You're good peoples. Good peoples.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beanboy is way off, I am definitely not a woman. No more comments from me, but I will be at the bar this Friday.

7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By understanding the average portion size of different foods, you can help prevent overeating. The following are general estimates for a variety of foods.
Protein: 1 serving is no larger than the size of your palm, or 3 oz
Starchy side dishes: the size of a tennis ball
Medium piece of fruit: tennis-ball size
One ounce of cheese: about the size of 4 dice
Cabbage family: 1 cup raw, 1/2 cup cooked
Dark leafy greens: 1 cup raw
Water: 6 to eight-oz. glasses per day
Beans and legumes: 1/2 cup cooked
Whole grains: 1 slice whole-wheat bread, 1/2 cup cooked grains, cereal or pasta, 1 oz. ready-to-eat cereal

7:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bartenders RULE!
Hehehehe
See you of course on Friday

9:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 AM

 
Blogger di said...

You should leave my daughter out of this. You haven't a clue.

7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here