I hope you're not expecting something specific.

February 18, 2005

My phone rang this evening at about 7:00 pm. My HOME phone, which like, never rings. I keep it because of my entry alarm that I never use. But that's beside the point. Point is, who is calling me at 7 on a Friday night? Especially after that weird dream I had that it was Halloween and I was dressed up as Little Bo Peep.

Hello?

Please hold for a special message
*My eyes roll halfway out of my head. YOU called ME! Don't make me hold! I practice my patience. If no one picks up in ten seconds (generous!), then I'm hanging.....*

Hello? (says the voice of a young black man... you can just tell)

Yes?

Yes, ma'am. This is Kevin with Comcast. I just wanted to call and say thank you for your payment. (I had forgotten to pay last month, so I had paid two months at the same time. No big.)

Oh. Um. Well..... thanks for the...... cable!

Hahaha You're welcome, ma'am! Have a good night!

You too, Kevin!


How cool is that guy's job? Just calling people to tell them thank you? I hope that's all he does. That would rule. And I have to say, I usually hold a grudge against giant corporations that allegedly provide "customer service" but really, their only aim is to get you off the damn phone with them. But I have to say, Comcast has yet to piss me off. As opposed to say, Verizon who has angered me beyond rational levels multiple times. Also, I suspect that Jessica loves Comcast since she got internet and digital cable for a ridiculously low price. As in, less than I pay for my internet plus my BASIC cable! So why am I still doing it the old tired way? Honestly, because if I get cable internet, I could move my computer hutch to the other side of the living room and my entire apartment would make way more sense and I could totally watch TV while typing on the computer but I'm too lazy to move large pieces of furniture at this point.

Speaking of which... Why is Joan of Arcadia so good? On the surface, I should seriously not like it. It's about high school kids. And this girl talking to God. But it doesn't shove religion down your throat. And it's very well written. It's funny and sweet and kinda deep. Well, moreso than like, The OC anyway. Which is just pure, guilty fun with soapy writing and decent acting by Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson and very sad acting by Mischa Barton.

OK time for primping! It's FRIIIIIIDAY!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger di said...

You're totally right, Beaner. There are some customer service people who are positively outstanding. And someone called me Saturday afternoon to thank me again. They are REALLY pleased with me! :)

9:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just cruising some blogs. I am a single mom and yeah, I'd love to go out and have fun, but my child comes first, and when she was born, I had to give up all I wanted. It would be easy to give him to my mom and say he wants to be there so I can feel free to go out, but when I chose to have him, I gave up my rights. He is #1 and always will be. My need to go out comes second. Just my opinion, hope it matters.
Jill

11:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 PM

 
Blogger di said...

Jill,

That's a fine opinion. And thanks for not insulting me and calling me names for how I live my life. I am a single mom and Gabi's father and his family are very active in her life. She DOES want to see her grandmother and it's her grandparents who really do want her there. When I moved out on my own, I did not even consider this arrangement. Her grandmother literally begged me to do it this way. I have her all week and we spend a lot of time together. But her grandparents have pets and a backyard. Not even to mention, her cousins that are her age live much closer to her grandmother than to me. Geez, I'm away from my daughter for 48 hours a week, 24 of that, she's with her dad. I don't just shove her off on people so I can go out. I take her to see her dad and her grandparents and in my downtime, I clean house, get chores and shopping done and at night, I do what I want. Why do people feel the need to judge me and tell me what I should and shouldn't do? It works out for everyone, especially Gabi. She is the most important thing in my life and she knows it. I think that's all that matters. I don't really have to prove it to anyone but her.

11:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 AM

 
Blogger di said...

Hm, what are the chances of a bunch of single moms and children of single moms coming out of the woodwork ALL IN ONE NIGHT when I haven't had a single comment from one before?

8:17 AM

 
Blogger di said...

Bean ~

Ain't it funny how three "single moms" comment on a post about FRIGGIN COMCAST all with their mommy issues and shit? And all in one night? Give me a break. Fakes. Toodles!

~ Di

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here