I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 19, 2004

Owning up to my Emmy predictions

I made predictions back in the day. Well, let's see how I did. That's right! I own up to my predictions!

Lead actor in a Comedy: I predicted John Ritter but secretly rooted for Tony Shalhoub. Kelsey Grammar won. 0-1

Lead actress in a Comedy: I predicted Jane K from Malcom in the Middle, but I should've known that SJP would win. 0-2

Supporting actor in a Comedy: I think I might've picked Sean Hayes but I'm not really sure. I really didn't want anything from Will & Grace to win and it looks like I got my wish. But yay for David Hyde Pierce! I love him. I'm starting to think I suck at this. 0-3

Supporting actress in a Comedy: I picked Doris Roberts but of course, Cynthia Nixon from Sex & the City won. Geez, next year I'm just going to pick two series and then just pick all the winners from those. 0-4

Comedy Series: I picked Scrubs to win even though it wasn't nominated (which is wrong wrong dirty and wrong!). But on the bright side, Arrested Development won. Next quirky series that is hilarious and deserves an Emmy: Scrubs. Seriously. 0-5

Lead actor in a Drama: Of COURSE I picked The Keif! 24 is the best show ever and Keifer really brings it all together. But naturally, someone else won. James Spader. At least it wasn't yet another predictable Sopranos win. Sheesh I'm so tired of hearing about how awesome that show is. 0-6

Lead actress in a Drama: I chose Amber Tamblyn from Joan of Arcadia, but in retrospect I think maybe we give her a couple more years and she will get a win. Alison Janney won. Wow. People still watch The West Wing? Besides Sevi? 0-7

Supporting actor in a Drama: I picked Steve Buscemi, but Michael Imperioli won. Same show different dude. Does that count? Even a little bit? No? Fine. 0-8

Supporting actress in a Drama: I picked Janel Moloney mainly based on how cute she is. But, oh what a shock, Drea de Matteo from the Sopranos won. Pfffft. 0-9

Drama Series: I very bitterly picked The Sopranos and whaddya know? I was RIGHT! Finally!!! Bastards. 1-9

Miniseries: I picked Angels in America and they pretty much won everything they were nominated for so go me! 2-9

Reality Program: Apparently, no one cares who won this one because I can't find who won anywhere. But I picked Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Still 2-9

Reality/Competition: Like a total idiot, I didn't go with what I thought SHOULD win. All of my other predictions were for who I wanted to win, not who I thought would win. But on this one I picked Survivor even though I knew the Amazing Race was better. And the Amazing Race won!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! Good for Amazing Race! Bad for my Emmy prediction record! 2-10

Geez, I really super-suck at Emmy predictions. I'm not any good at predictions in general which is why I will never play fantasy football. Did you guys know that they have fantasy golf? What the hell!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Outstanding Reality ProgramWho'd have thunk it?

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here