I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 19, 2004

VH1 Overload

Can I just say....how hot Harrison Ford is in Indiana Jones? I mean, I saw these movies when they came out, but since my mom thought he was hot I never really noticed. But damn, she was right! And after watching "When Star Wars Ruled the World" about a million times on VH1 this weekend, I can safely say that he is still hot.

I watch VH1 when there's nothing else on my 70-something channels (and still no Bravo) and I have gotten myself hooked on another Surreal Life. They're just so BIZARRE! I can't look away! The only normal ones are John Coulier (is his name John? He's the wacky uncle from Full House) and Ryan Starr of all people. It's just mind-boggling to put these people together. Jordan Knight hanging out with......Charo??? Brigitte Neilson hooking up with.....Flava Flav??? Whaaaaaaat? I'm kinda glad they moved the series to VH1 so if I miss an episode, it's OK because I know they'll play it 47 more times. I think maybe I like this show because you get to see what these people are really like as people instead of celebrities. There's no fake smiles or canned responses to questions. You get to see who's really annoying and who's really cool without their stylists and managment hovering over them to make sure they do everything perfectly. It's really interesting especially if you're a people-watcher. Like, for example, I never would've known Corey Feldman (from the first season) was such a complete nutjob and that Jerri Manthey is actually kinda cool when she's not on Survivor.

Speaking of VH1, did you guys see Best Week Ever this weekend? My boys Bowling For Soup made an appearance! And then they closed the show with their 1985 video. Their new album, A Hangover You Don't Deserve, was realeased on Tuesday and I just bought it yesterday. It's hilarious. There's a song on the CD called "My Hometown" which generated a lot of buzz back in our hometown (yes, we're from the same hometown) because, well, it's not entirely complimentary. But it's damn funny and quite true. I just want to say....I got the $@*# out of our hometown too, Jaret! And all I have to say to that song is WORD! I haven't heard all of the songs yet, but so far my favorite is "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" and when you hear it, you'll know why. Or maybe it's "Shut Up and Smile." I can't decide and I don't have to. So if you'll excuse the shameless plugging, buy the album at Circuit City or Best Buy (I couldn't find it at Target) or if you're a bargain hunter and you can wait a couple of days, you can buy it on VH1.com for $9.63.

They're also really great live, so if they come to a venue near you, go see them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Di Sez:
Like, for example, I never would've known Corey Feldman was such a complete nutjob

I sez:
Good Lord, if The Corey™ wearing his bandleader outfit (complete with medals and enormous epaulets) and greasing up his hair trying his damndest to be Michael Jackson didn't convince you... what would?

Just be thankful Corey Haim is still in hiding.

4:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here