I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 21, 2004

BEST NIGHT EVER!!!

First of all, let me say that if you have not seen the finale of The Amazing Race, just move on because I'm totally about to say who wins.

So this morning I wake up all tired and rubbing the crap out of my eyes. I flip the radio on and there's my boys Bowling For Soup on Kidd Kraddick! What a way to wake up. All happy and stuff. Then I go to work and don't do much work because we had a staff meeting/birthday celebration that went from pretty much when I got there until about 11 and well, then it's time for lunch. So then I find out that the lady who usually answers the phones is going home sick so I need to cover starting at 3:30. Well, there goes the neighborhood since I can't really do anything productive if I'm on the phones. So I basically only did fluff stuff that I really liked at work today AND I had a guy call in and say that our office had the nicest most helpful people and that we're just great every time he calls. Rad! Another call that tends to make up for all the assholes that call.

Anyway! So the co-parent agreed to take the ankle-biter tonight so I could attend an Amazing Race watching party. I don't think I've ever done a watching party that wasn't for football (Go Cowboys!) so I was already excited about that. There was only four of us, but it's just so much fun to watch with a group. Jessica and I went over to Annique's place which was equipped with a super-rad TV and her fiance who just happens to be the drummer for Bowling For Soup (!!!!!) who was incredibly gracious and signed my CD (he said I ROCK!). I had to psyche myself up before we went over there so I wouldn't be a squealing girlie seventh grade superfan. Just play it cool. It's just an international rock star. No big. But when he said he'd sign my CD, I have to admit, I did a little dance. So I got to sit next to a very nice, very cool rock star during the Amazing Race....

WHICH WAS AWESOME!!! I think we all had about 4 heart attacks during that thing. Except Gary who, poor guy, was so tired from getting up early to do the Kidd Kraddick show. I think he fell asleep and we woke him up with our insane cheering when Chip and Kim at one point pulled way ahead. But hey, he was awake after that. And so we all had our adult drinks and well, it turned into a drinking game. Every time somebody prayed, pulled out a Bible, or otherwise solicited The Almighty to help them win a RACE, we had to drink. Mostly it was Brandon and Nicole, but Chip had a few in there, too. But if Colin just arbitrarily yelled "JESUS!" that didn't count. You had to actually be talking to God. We are all a bunch of sinners. Drinking every time someone prayed. Afterwards, we thought that it would've been fun to also drink any time someone said "baby" but then decided that Annique and Gary didn't have that much alcohol. We are also terrible people because when Nicole was having her breakdown in Canada, we couldn't stop laughing at the poor girl. But they ALWAYS made the wrong Detour decisions. Every time! It's like, just do the opposite of what you think you should do. But to her credit, you just know they were so tired and frustrated. And how good of a boyfriend was Brandon to put her on his back when they went to do the luge? He was so sweet. Break up with her and come make out with me, Brandon! Not really. The Lord would not approve of all the things.....never mind. He would not approve, let's just leave it at that. But on the other hand, she was being really catty to Chip and Kim for the whole flag thing (which they only did to win the RACE!) so maybe that was just her kharma biting her in the ass. I swear people, when you signed up for this thing, somewhere in the contract (at the top maybe?) I'm sure it said that this was a RACE! Not arts and crafts camp! And when it's a RACE, you have to fend for yourself so you can, oh I don't know, win. Is this a difficult philosphy? Get out of your damn boat and read the clue yourself. Geez.

So how cool was it that it ended in Dallas! OK, it was super cool for us because, you know, we live here and we knew what roads they were taking and we were all "No, girl, do not let him take 30 on a Friday." Then we were mad that we didn't know about it when they were filming but then decided that there would be NO WAY that we could keep our mouths shut about who won. So when they showed us that they were going to the Stockyards, Annique was all "Hey, we went to see Willie Nelson there!" And that's when I busted out a BFS lyric "Willie Nelson wants you back." Gary seemed to find it humorous, but he was also very fatigued, so.....maybe he was just appreciating that I actually knew a lyric from his band's CD that's been out an entire week. That's when I really had to try hard to play it cool. Just be cool! Anyway! That was just incredibly rad because we were all "Hey, I've been there!" and "That really is the most direct route, but it's probably faster if you take 121." I haven't gotten to do that since Walker Texas Ranger was on the air. Not...that I would watch that.....or anything.....but uh.......I cannot believe they were right here! I probably passed them on 183. Incredible.

And then that final leg. Oh man, we were hiding behind pillows, crawling on the floor, yelling at the TV and then.....the van! With Chip and Kim!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! We celebrated like we just won the freakin Super Bowl (Go Cowboys!). Kim was crying so we started crying and then Chip cried so we cried and then Gary made fun of us because we're a bunch of girls. Oh man, we were so happy! And to top it off....Colin and Christie came in second. That was even better than watching them come in third because they were just that close to winning and it slipped away. I was kind of hoping for a meltdown from Colin at the finish line, but he actually pulled his head out of his ass and had some class about the whole thing. For once. They were indeed very good competitors, but they spent so much time bragging about being in first all the time that the other teams were more than ready to yield them. Not just Chip and Kim. Any of the teams would've done it, but Chip/Kim actually had the guts to do it. Because they ROCK! I'm so glad they won. They never came in last to be saved by a non-Philimination round and the others had so I say they really deserved it. What a couple of just really neat people. Let's go have a beer next time you're in Dallas, Chip n Kim!

What an Amazing Race indeed. I can't wait for Season 6! Wheee! Happy fun time! Oh wow, I have totally worn myself out from being so damn excited all day! I got my CD signed! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Now I'm tired. I hope the happy fun times do not ebb. Good night, Dear Internet.

2 Comments:

Blogger di said...

What a nerd I am, commenting on my own blog. But this was too funny and I didn't want to create a whole new blog when I just wrote a novel on the Amazing Race last night. So get this from tvguide.com:

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!: Good triumphed over evil on last night's thrilling Amazing Race finale, as married parents Chip and Kim beat out dating psychos Colin and Christie for the $1 million jackpot. And what about Christian models Brandon and Nicole? Turns out, the Lord wanted them to finish third.

Haaaaaaaaahahahaha

7:57 AM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

TV Guide actually referred to Donkey Kong? Good Lord, what's next? "Thank You Mario, But Our Princess Is In Another Castle: Tonight on 'Incomprehensible Home Renovations' We turn Lester and Stella's house into a 10-Man Steel Cage Arena! Laffs Ensue!"

More to the point though, it's nice to see real psychos get called out for what they are... even if it's only on TV Guide's Website.

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here