I hope you're not expecting something specific.

July 06, 2004

I don't know what I'm saying any more

My child has discovered "air quotes." Lord help us all. Andrew (Gabi's daddy) called me today because he has to switch days with me (e.g. he usually takes her on Wednesday and now he needs to take her on Thursday blah blah blah) for this week because he needs to take his truck to his stepdad's so they can work on it tomorrow night. So I'm trying to explain this to Gabi (FYI the truck's name is Clifford because it is very large and very red). Me: Daddy is picking you up from school on Thursday instead of tomorrow, which is Wednesday. (We're learning our days of the week) Gabi: Why? Is something wrong? Me: Well, Daddy said Clifford has been acting "weird." Gabi: Is Clifford broken? Me: I'm not sure. Gabi: Well, let's call Daddy back so we can find out if Clifford is "broken." You know she got that from me. And I find that horribly disturbing. What else does she pick up from me? Probably everything!!! How scary is that?? She's already got the hand gestures, the hands on the hip stance, the "like, HELLO!" attitude.

Jack FM song combo of the day: One Night in Bangkok/Tonight's the Night
Yesterday's combo: We Belong/Kung Fu Fighting
I'm not sure if they're trying to be amusing, but I am amused. I'm sure you guys don't care about what the radio stations are playing here mainly because most of you don't live here and if you do, you probably don't listen to the radio anyway because that is like, so 1954. But I like it, it's how I learn about new music and know what to add to my Launch station.

I read an article about blogging in Time magazine the other day. Apparently, these things are supposed to have a purpose and a point??? Or maybe an opinion or some information occasionally? Oops. The one thing that I do that was mentioned in the article is link to websites.

So there's this column I like to read called "Grr!" I can relate and I think my "common courtesy" column showed a little of my Grr side. I'd just like to add a Grr for today...If you are on a main artery road (not a freeway) and there are two cars directly behind you and there's an on-ramp from the freeway merging with you...DON'T STOP AND WAVE THEM IN!! For real! They are yielding TO YOU! They will have plenty of opportunity to merge with traffic in oh, say, 3 seconds, "AF MOM!" I understand they were just trying to be nice to the merging traffic and I've never really had a problem with people just being nice, but when it's at the expense of others who are wholly in the right, it irks me. There was no one behind us! And what is it with military relatives being the object of my ire lately? I respect and feel for these people with every ounce of my being, but a few days ago, it was "Navy Wife" and now it's Air Force Mom? I'm sure it's just a coincidence but Grrr! Maybe some Democrats or rednecks will start bothering me. I'm an equal opportunity buggee.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my dear husband, Mike Modano!!! He's the big 3-4 and better than ever and I looooooooooooooove him! Yes, I'm nutso, but you like me that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here