I hope you're not expecting something specific.

June 29, 2004

TBP

Tomorrow night is The Big Party. It's TOIL's birthday. Now that I'm "over" him, all he wants to do is flirt with me. What the *%&# is up with THAT? Anyway, it's a Pimp 'n' Ho party. And costumes are MANDATORY. Geez, like I know how to dress like a ho. So, it's invitation only and I thought the invites went out on June 1st so I assumed I wasn't going. Then last Wednesday, he gave me one and made me promise to come. I was pretty sure I would get Thursday off, no problem, so I said OK. But I have to have people to go with. He said they invited like, 200 people (it's a party for 2 other people as well). I can't depend on hanging out with the birthday boy all night, although that would be tres sweet. I need people to go with. I thought we had it all straightened out. I even thought we might get a limo because the place where the party's at is like, 20 miles away. When you're used to driving 4 miles to have a beer, 20 starts looking a little daunting and having a limo driver after a night of $.75 well drinks would probably be the smart thing to do. Then Brad calls me today, says he thinks the limo is probably out of the question and that he might not even go! What the....!!! You can't bail on me the night before! This place is like, 20 miles away, we can't all be driving separate cars. We have to carpool and figure this crap out and don't even THINK about bailing because Megan, who had previously said she was going, has now informed Brad that she's not going. AUGH! I told Brad to figure it out and call me back and he's not allowed to bail. Find out who's going and let's get together and all drive down there together. How hard is this? No more wishy washy! Decide! Let's go! Maybe I should be the organizer here, but Brad knows far more people's phone numbers and also has the time to call them. I just hate waiting till the last minute. OK, maybe I hate that it's not planned out and I have no control over it. Not that I need to control it, it's just that things need to be done. I mean, I have the word "Planning" on my college diploma, I can actually be pretty good at it! But alas, this is out of my hands. I must let it be and know that I did what I could. I have my costume planned out. I have unpacked most of the parts and actually know where they are. I think I need some red patent leather pumps, though. Don't all good ho's need a pair? Maybe I'll go shopping tonight. DSW. I haven't been there in ages. It's such a beautiful wonderland of....wonders. A huge store with just rows and rows of nice shoes at discount prices. I got my purple, suede, Tommy Hilfiger tennis shoes there for like, $15. I know they sound tacky, but they are oh so sweet. Oh, what a mighty tangent I have created.

So it's 10 till 5. We've had no managers here since 3:30. I thought we had a policy of "always one manager in the office at all times" but I guess not today. I have been pretty unproductive all afternoon, checking all of my email, filing, but not really doing anything of substance. So that's why I decided to make an entry because I probably won't have time tonight. Last Comic Standing! I love that show even though it can never EVER be as good as last year. Just forget it. That house was FILLED with interesting characters. Except Dat Phan. And he's the one who won. We all know that show is fixed beyond all belief, but it's still funny and entertaining. Unlike The Bachelor which is neither. Most "reality" shows really are not funny or entertaining. The Amazing Race and Survivor I find to be pretty entertaining, but the "find a life partner in 3 weeks" shows have got to goooooooooooo! So lame. There is nothing "real" about getting to choose from 25 beautiful women who are all pining for you and only you, sir. It's old. It's tired. Let's find some new way to show off our inadequacies as a society. Uh oh. I almost got deep there. I better cut it off before this gets out of control.

The End. For Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here