I hope you're not expecting something specific.

June 17, 2004

I hate you, Large Corporate Phone Company!

So remember how I said that I was going to get my DSL on June 4th and everyone would be happy and hunky-dory? Well one certain DSL provider who also happens to provide me with my home phone service (that I never use) who also happens to have Darth Vader as their spokesman is a bunch of bumbling retardos. Seriously. I will now be receiving my DSL on June 23rd. OR SO THEY SAY! So just use your dialup, you say! Well, that's a fine idea, except the Bumbling Retardos informed me that my OS (98) just wasn't good enough for their precious DSL (even though all of the info and tests said otherwise repeatedly), I had Windows 2000 Professional installed by my lovely Australian friend Matt. I say lovely because he's hot. The hottest computer nerd I've ever seen. Seriously. Anyway! So he was kind enough to install 2000 without even asking for any sexual favors as payment (hmph), but since I was supposed to get my DSL hooked up the day after I got it back from him, he didn't initialize or reconfigure or whatever it is you do to internal modems. Well, I don't know if he did or not. I've been trying to ask him. The boy does not answer his phone. And apparently, he has deleted all females from his phone so I'm not in his phone book (augh!). Caller ID? I think his psycho ex-girlfriend who is still good friends with him scrolls through his call logs while he's in the can to see who he talks to. So he keeps everything deleted. OK, listen. If I went through ANYONE'S call logs, I would be in serious trouble with that person. Except my Mom. Her call logs go like this: "Joe (my dad), Dianna (me!), Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Home, Dianna, Joe." You get the idea. So anyway, now I don't even KNOW if my internal modem works. And I've been trying to ask Matt, but if I call more than twice, well that's just "psycho" isn't it? But his ex-girlfriend trolling his call logs isn't. Wha. Tever. I'm very downtrodden about not having any internet at home. Darth Vader's minions tried to appease me by giving me an extra free month of their precious DSL as well as a free month of dialup (gee thanks for giving me the ONE THING I HATE). And in the mean time, I have to be sneaky and try to cram in a blog entry occasionally at work. It's tricky, I tell you. I miss all of my cyberland friends. You guys should drop me an email so I know you're still breathing. Pretty please! With ponies on top?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here