I hope you're not expecting something specific.

June 23, 2004

What was I talking about?

OK, so it's been like a year since I wrote a full blog. Maybe more like two weeks, but it feels like an eternity. I moved. I got dsl through many trials and tribulations. I downloaded the new Yahoo messenger. I LOVE the launchcast player. My TV has been on mute almost constantly. I mean....creating your own radio station. Genius! The only thing I don't like is that you can't go back and add songs like you do when you first create the station. You can still add songs, but you have to search which usually requires you knowing what you want to search for. Personally, I prefer many suggestions so you can just pick and choose. Thinking of stuff off the top of my head usually doesn't happen in a lightning-quick manner. Believe it or not.

Let's see...what else...I think I'm over TOIL. Much to the relief of my regular readers. I was away from "the scene" for two weeks and when I came back, he had a girlfriend. The nerve! And she has short hair. Now I don't have a thing against girls with short hair, please don't get me wrong. But I have long (I like to think glorious) blonde hair. I had planned to grow it out and then cut it off and donate it to Locks of Love. A very good cause especially since I can grow my hair back. That, and I know how much of a girl's self esteem can come of a nice head of hair. So anyway, I've (predictably) become quite attached to my hair. I've decided to let it grow until it is way too long (keeping it nice, of course) and then cut it off so it'll still be long. SO ANYWAY! I was telling some friends at the bar of my plans for my hair a few weeks ago. And TOIL was all "Don't you dare cut your hair. No. No. No!" So if he's a long-hair-lover, why the short-haired girlfriend? Huh??? I know, I'm just jealous. Anyway, I decided to put him on hiatus. It's futile if he has a girlfriend. I'm not the relationship-wreckin type.

The bad part is...the guy TOIL helped me get over just by him being awesome...I might be getting back into him. But not in the same way that I was into him previously. Previously, it was very much um....lustful. He's tall, beautiful, and foreign. I mean, yeah, I liked him as a person, but I was more interested in his beautifulness. But this time, it's different. Let's see if we can follow the events and maybe we can figure this out. Figure what out? I don't know. So it was his 31st birthday a couple weeks ago. I did not know this when I arrived at el barro (sometimes I like to pretend I know Spanish). So usually, I say hi to everyone but him because I just assume that he could care less. If he wants to talk to me, he'll talk to me, no? There's some history there and I won't get into it. Basically, at one point, I got the impression that he wanted me to take a very minor role in his life so I kept my distance. But this particular night, he commented on it. He was all "you said hi to everyone at the table but me." I said "I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd ever notice or even care" and I gave him a nice big hug and a smooch on the cheek and ended up sitting with them the rest of the night. People filtered out and it ended up just me and him and one other guy. This is when he revealed it was his birthday. "Why didn't you say something earlier?" It was almost closing time. "I didn't want anyone to know. 31 isn't something to brag about." We were all, let us buy you a drink! He didn't want any of it. So the waitress comes by and tells us it's last call. So what does he do? Buys me a drink before I can even protest. And then Other Guy leaves. The thing about being an illegal alien is that you have no driver's license and therefore no car. So someone needs a ride home. Usually this is an unequivocal sex invite, but I wasn't feeling the nookie vibe that night. So I take him home and we sit in the car and talk for a while and he invites me up. Again, usually an unequivocal sex invite. My shoes didn't even come off. We sat and talked for 3 and a half hours. I never liked him more. He was so sweet and honest. It's almost like he can be two completely different people. So anyway, we had a sweet little kiss and said good night at 4:30. He knew I was having computer issues, so he told me to bring it over to his place and he'd get it fixed for me. So the next week, I brought it over and go back to pick it up a couple days later. Right before we were going to leave (it was karaoke night!), he remembered that he hadn't done something important to my modem. So he starts taking the thing apart. I don't want to alarm anyone, but it was so totally hot. I mean, maybe it forced me to see him in this different light. Whereas before I saw him as this smartass guy (which, don't get me wrong, I dig) who dressed well, now I saw him as this really smart guy who knew how to fix stuff. HOT! So I guess for now, I'll just try to be his friend and see if anything develops. Oh, and find some more stuff wrong with my computer. Installing a modem has never been sexier.

Let's see, what else? Gabi got a Hello Kitty bathroom. And it's all Lynne's fault.

The End. For Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here