I hope you're not expecting something specific.

July 02, 2004

OK, that didn't turn out as expected....

Before we get to The Big Party, I have a wee little rant. I discovered yesterday that yet another radio station has been totally jacked. This time, it wasn't a Clear Channel station, though (I know, weird, huh?). This station was all the popular music. R&B, dance, rock, alternative. I have to say, I wasn't a die-hard fan, but they definitely got snaps for variety. I usually saw it as a radio station for the gen y set and whoever is younger than gen y. So anyway! Yesterday, I get in the car to go pick Gabi up from school and I get....Phil Collins? Huh? It was actually one of his pre-Disney songs, so I was only mildly confused. And then Billy Joel. That's when I knew something was up. Then I heard the station ID and instead of "Wild" it's "Jack FM." Apparently, this is some sort of syndicated station where they "play what they want." It's a strange variety. I listened most of the way to get Gabi to try and figure out the format. Right before I turned off the car when I got to the day care, they were playing "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. When I got back in the car...Smashing Pumpkins. Let's see what's on now...U2. Sunday Bloody Sunday. I guess having a station that defies any sort of genre isn't an entirely bad thing. It's still weird. I mean, I think I'd be cool with this station if they hadn't yanked another perfectly fine station off the air. I just hate format changes. There's plenty of wavelength for everyone. Now it's the Rolling Stones. Whatever.

So on to the party! We finally got our stupid carpool situation figured out. We got there about 8:30 (the invites said 8). Birthday Boy didn't show up until about 10. And he was gone by midnight. I got a "thanks for coming" and one picture and he spent the rest of the night making out with his stupid girlfriend. I highly dislike her based on how much he seems to like her. Me? Jealous? Incredibly. So on to other things. Our bar got a new cute bartender. He asked about me. YESSSSSSSSSS. We had one brief conversation and there wasn't much I could say without feeling like a total dork seeing as I was dressed like a hooker. I mean, it's not like I could just start shootin the breeze about baseball or anything. And then who shows up? Megan! After telling us she wasn't going! I found that mildly irritating until I realized she had brought the one that TOIL made me get over and now I'm not over. Remember him? He needs a name. I hate using real names with those that I adore. TAFDU. The Aussie from Down Under. By the way, every time I think I'm totally over him and never thinking about him ever again, that damn Men at Work song shows up. Anyway! God, I hope no one from that bar ever gets this site. So apparently, Megan had told Brad (yes we are a bunch of 7th grade gossip-mongers) that I was only being nice to her to get to TAFDU. What the hell. I'm getting in trouble for basically doing nothing. So If I am talking to him and she is within 10 feet, that is certainly what's going on. Right? So now I feel like I can't go over there and speak with EITHER ONE OF THEM because of her paranoia. So I just hang out with Brad for a while and finally he goes over to talk to them and I don't feel as weird about it. That's the dumbest, lamest statement ever. So TAFDU proceeds to hit on me shamelessly all the while contending that he has never, nor is he now, hitting on me. Dude, whatever. When you say you miss someone's cleavage, that counts as hitting on them. Hey, I'm just sayin. So I guess with TOIL off the radar it wouldn't be such a bad idea to re-hook up with TAFDU. Right? I mean, yes, we hooked up after the party and all but does that mean we've crossed a threshold? What doth the future holdeth? I mean, we are definitely on different footing than when we hooked up before, if that makes a shred of sense. Before: purely hedonistic. Acquaintances. Now: I'd say we're friends capable of enjoying each others' company with our clothes on. I did spill my guts that I actually liked him for reasons other than the er...hooking up. I'd love to tell you how he took it, but I'm not even sure he knows. I would write it off that he had been drinking so he won't remember, but he remembers everything. I'll probably see him tonight and we'll see how it goes. I really didn't expect to hook up with him. I didn't even expect him to be there. But he was. And I did. And now I'm wondering what's next. I shouldn't overanalyze or fret. We all know that he's not.

Anyway! A MASSIVE shout out to The Sevi! He sent me a whole boxload of Mike Modano stuff. Rrowr! It was very sweet and I am totally stoked. I have my USA Hockey Mike Modano bobblehead on my monitor as I type. If I can ever figure out how to put a picture in one of these things, I'll do it. Thanks for all the stuff, Sevi! You're a gem!

The End. For Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here