I hope you're not expecting something specific.

August 05, 2005

I do not know what was going on with that last post. I had a really great parallel between Tex-Mex food and clam chowder going on and it just got eaten (hee!) every time I tried to post. Actually, it kept deleting two great points. And when smooshed together, really made for a spectacular non sequitur.

Point 1: Never eat Mexican food north of Oklahoma. Just don't do it. It ain't right. I don't know how a Don Pablo's in Kansas City can suck, yet a Don Pablo's in Dallas can be alright. Same menu, same recipes, right? Who the hell knows. So, if you do make it to Texas (or New Mexico, for that matter), try to grab a meal at a nice little independently owned restaurant. Seriously, those are the best, and they're cheaper, and they're much happier to see you. It's the same as clam chowder. I used to hate the stuff until I had some in Oregon approximately three feet from the ocean. You see, clam chowder in Texas sucks! No wonder I hated it! You must eat clam chowder either in New England or in the Pacific Northwest. Do not fuck around with the clam chowder.

Point 2: If you DO like movie quotes, but you DO NOT like humility, please visit my pal George Newman's blog for his Top 100 Movie Quotes. They are a site (I did it again!) to behold, even though the list was severely lacking Clueless quotes. But alas, I am a chick. He is not. He will not only attest to this, but also come dangerously close to proving it. =)

Anyway. I'm home sick again today. Booooo!!! This is my second case of It's Not Strep in two months. I simply must get over this quickly since Gabi starts school next week. I must take extra care to get over this, which is why I'm drinking a 24 ounce coffee even though the doc said to increase rest and fluid intake. I think logic requires that I drink a large caffeinated, diuretic beverage, eh? Oh. And? No dairy. Which would explain the steamed milk.

In completely unrelated news, the second season of The Amazing Race on the Game Show Network ended Wednesday night and WOW what a finish!!! I knew who won (damn you wikipedia!), but I couldn't see how and I just couldn't BELIEVE that it literally came down to a footrace. I love you Game Show Network! For proving, once and for all, that I really could watch The Amazing Race every single night and not get tired of it.

Oh, and my other new addiction (as if I needed one!) is Gilmore Girls. It really sounds like a chick show, but it is seriously good. True, there's not a lot of explosions or dead bodies or castaways or torturing the Secretary of Defense's son (did you guys know that Dick Heller on 24 was played by the same guy who played Trey Atwood 2.0 on the OC? I thought that thug looked familiar....). But let me tell you... it is fast-paced, witty, dramatic, will make you laugh, cry, yell at the TV all within about 30 seconds if you're lucky enough to get a time span that long to go through that many emotions. Oops. I said the word that will turn all the men away. But I know a few men who love Gilmore Girls. There's no shame in that! It's really good. Promise. Sneak in a viewing when no one's around. You'll be hooked. Oh, and did I mention a guest spot by Sebastian Bach? Yes, that Sebastian Bach. Hilarity ensues.

Speaking of hilarious... More proof that drama queens prefer the Democratic Party. That's not to say that every Democrat is a drama queen... I'm just sayin..... It may be in your best interest not to question me on this for you could get quite the thesis out of it. I don't normally write about politics because it is my personal belief that you and I will never agree and one will not convince the other to believe otherwise and honestly, that's the way it should be. Oh crap. I've already started. Stopping now.

I'm going to read tvguide.com now. Good day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the spectacular scratch?

1:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if my memory serves me correctly, i believe i noticed the trey atwood 2.0/david heller's son enigma and subsequently wrote you a comment about said discovery many fortnights ago. i think what gave it away was the realization that i never (ever) saw them in the same room together. kind of like clark kent and superm....hey i think i just figured out another one...

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

I have a pretty strict policy about watching the WB that involves eye poking and ritual strangulation (or something like that... I don't remember all the fine print anymore)
So obviously I'm not a regular Gilmore Girls viewer. I did catch the episodes the Pope was in, though.
How they got him to agree to wear the tiger costume, I've got no damn idea - but he was the shizzle, don'cha think?

I think all the Democrats are just waiting for Alec Baldwin and Michael Moore to fulfill the pledges they made to move to France... from the 2000 election.

Good luck with the Not Strep, Di. We'll all be thinking about you. Some of us will probably even be thinking wholesome thoughts, too!

11:14 PM

 
Blogger Dew said...

We're staying; we can do more from within. You'll never know what hitcha.

5:34 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

That Don Pablo's in KC cooks Mexican about as effectively as I conceive children. Hey hey how is your one thing with that one guy going and whatnot? Call me. P.S. I am not skilled in offspring conceivery.

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Shane said...

Mexican and barbeque dining principles. . . if you're afraid to enter the place, it will be the best food to ever grace your palate. And thank you Di for finally not disparaging Oklahoma in the "north of Oklahoma" thing. For some of the best Mexican, visit Enrique's at the Ponca City airport. Dayummmmm.
Oh yeah, kudos on all that other crap too.

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here