I hope you're not expecting something specific.

June 29, 2005

Do you know who is really getting on my nerves lately? Blondie. If I hear "Call Me" one more time on some inane commercial, I'm going to stab myself in the face. Has anyone ever listened to the lyrics of that song? Color me your car??? WTF, lady? Whatever. Also? Blackeyed Peas. Just.... Phunk this, OK? I don't care what you do, just get off my TV and get the hell off of my radio. So much hate.

On the flipside.... boy I love me some Kelly Clarkson. Numerous times today, I was flipping through stations and she was on at least two stations simultaneously. That girl's got some pipes. American Idol worked for her. Too bad no one else will ever measure up. I'll keep watching, though because I am addicted to television. Television. When you say it out loud like that... it sounds so.... futuristic. Like... teleport or transmogrifier. Awesome. Also? There's always an also. I have a renewed love for Def Leppard despite their obvious problems with spelling. Although, I can definitely respect their love for phonics. Nothin but love for the hard o' hearing spotted cats. But when they were actually popular? I seriously could not have cared less. They all sounded the same to me. Drums, guitars, whatever. Bring on the New Kids and Milli Vanilli! But now.... man, I can't get enough! I just wanna rock out and armageddon it (whatever that means)! And I don't really care much for Poison or White....whatever or any of those other 80's "hair bands." Just Def Leppard. That's all.

Man, I'm in a better mood than earlier tonight, eh? I guess beer and free food will do that. My friend Tom (who is leaving on Tuesday *sad face*) won this goofy contest where you find the mistake on the calendar. Anyway, he won a "party" with free pool and free food. Well, he had invited all his peeps and like, everyone bailed except for a couple of people so he just kind of gave up on it. When I heard this, I was like.... dude. That is the biggest load of bull. There are at least ten other regulars here who would join you and probably 10 other random people here that would join you, as well. I mean... who turns down free food, right? So he went on and ordered the FREE food and we played pool and all was right in the kingdom. Yes, I somehow kept getting chosen to play pool with people (due to lack of willing participants) and yes I found new and interesting ways to lose, but it was still fun! For me, anyway. And now I'm tired. And I should've been in bed a couple of hours ago, but I chose to stay and write because things were still trolling about my brain (especially after some beers), so you know... had to get it out. =)

Wow. That only took 10 minutes. Fastest blog EVER!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh i totally agree. kelly clarkson is definitely a guilty pleasure. i'm so embarrassed to admit it but her songs are so catchy. i also just experienced the absolute roughest breakup of my life so her breakaway album i very moving for me right now.

12:00 AM

 
Blogger Dew said...

Ok, I'mma just say this once: don'tchu EVAH diss my girl Debbie Harry no mo', ok?!?!? Kelly *snort* Clarkson *scoff* -- pah! Let's see who's STILL being played in 30 years, my sweet.

9:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be thankful - it could have been "Rapture." I'll put "Call Me" or "Atomic" on infinite repeat any day of the week rather than listen to that train wreck of a song.
There are white rappers, and then there's Debbie Harry. And Vanilla Ice... (hehe, I mentioned Vanilla Ice!)

Besides, anything's endurable when there's free food at the end of the rainbow... my weekend with a dozen relatives, for example.

=^..^=

3:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here