I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 31, 2005

OK, seriously, as if you guys didn't already know... I have the cutest kid ever. Everrrrrr!!! We have this "game" we like to play. Usually, around bed time, we'll go back and forth with "I love you more than..." Most of the time, we stick to purple or cupcakes or glitter and other goofy girlie things. Well, tonight it went something like this:

Gabi: I love you more than purple
Me: I love you more than blue
Gabi: You like blue?
Me: Oh yeah. It's a good color, no?
Gabi: Yeah it is. I just didn't know you liked it so much. I love you more than Powerpuff Girls
Me: I love you more than the Princess Bride!
Gabi: (look of shock) =0 Really?
Me: Of course I do! I love you more than Pat Benatar
Gabi: (another look of shock) =0 REALLY? I love you more than Kelly Clarkson!
Me: =0 Wow! That's a lot! I love you more than The Amazing Race!
Gabi: I love you more than SURVIVOR! (that's a lot, people)
Me: Whoa. Are you sure?
Gabi: Yep. I love you more than my bathroom (which she really loves. Thanks, Lynne!)
Me: I love you more than bubble baths.
Gabi: Huh? You take bubble baths?
Me: Of course I do!
Gabi: When?
Me: Usually when you're at your dad's or at Nana's. You know, so I can take my time.
Gabi: You know you're just sitting in your own dirt, right?

Hysterical laughter ensues. She was so matter-of-fact about the whole thing in this, "Mom, I'm telling you this for your own good" tone. I have no idea where she gets it from.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have an idea where she gets it from ;)....it's tv isn't it? kidding! Gabi is so cute and she's only 5? man she speaks better english than today's high schoolers. there's still hope for the future!

p.s. you're the awesomest mom ever. if only my mom were as cool as you when i was growing up. i mean i love her and all but she's just not wicked cool like you :).

12:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I heard Condoleeza Rice talking about that the other day... so you might want to make sure she's recycling her Wall Street Journals or something, because they really add up after a while.

=^..^=

10:19 AM

 
Blogger Dew said...

OMG, that's just HILARIOUS (and I'm NOT just saying so because she loves my bathroom.... er... her bathroom for which I provided the decor) (whatever!).

10:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here