I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 26, 2005

So we're watching The OC tonight. Well, we're halfway watching and halfway goofing off and such. And they showed last season's finale and then this season's premiere, which, if you ask me is freakin genius since they plan to re-run the entire second season this summer. I had forgotten how gut-wrenching last season's finale was. Dang! And can someone please get Kelly Rowan an Emmy? Seriously. So anyway, we're watching the beginning of the second episode, and that part where Marissa calls Ryan in the middle of the night and she can't bring herself to say anything and you know Ryan knows it's her and they're having this... moment. Gabi breaks the silence with, "Why's she on the phone if she's not gonna talk?" Hehehe That just gave me the giggles and I couldn't stop giggling to explain it to her, not that she'd get it anyway, but then again, she's surprised me before.


And I saw this on my way into the internet: Undercover Officer Shaq Is on Patrol

OK, um a few things here. First, here is a 7'1" very very large black man. Way to blend in. And then we have the fact that he's most likely the best and most famous basketball player in the NBA right about now. And then to make things even more secret, YAHOO REPORTS IT ON THEIR FRONT PAGE! Here's to subtlety, y'all.


OK, I want to answer reader mail because talking back to the screen just isn't as satisfying and then I'm going to go work on my myspace.com page because Jordan got onto me for having a boring page.

Rachel says:

As for TV. Yes it is ok to base ones life around TV...just so long as it is good. The OC finale was so great. The rest of the season kinda sucked. (better than most of what is on tv though). I think we need a new Buffy type show. Yes, that should do it, a cult favorite dramedy that is SMART!!

Woman! Have you not caught onto my lunatic rantings about Veronica Mars? That last sentence describes our pint-size heroine to a tee! They're re-running the entire season this summer starting in mid-June. Do not miss it! You will love it! And people will not stop comparing it to Buffy. I never really watched Buffy, so I can't say for sure, but I know it was good because my friend Emily loved it. And if she loved it, then it can't suck. Right? Anyway, check it out this summer! I really think you'll like it.


Alleged Quiet Man says:

Too much to comment on, other than to say....DAYUM! Book, you have written, mmmmmmmm....

I can't decide if that's ironic or just merely hilarious.


Ota says:

A Walk in the Clouds... aka "Strange things are afoot at the burning vinyard, dude... and also, I know kung-fu."

This made me laugh so hard, I think I sprained my diaphragm. You freakin slay me, man!

I liked the CSI:Regular Flavor finale. Even though they abandoned the whole "Ecklie is the anti-christ" theme halfway through the season, it was a good episode. Apparently, Tarantino is a CSI junkie, and he insisted on working in details like Gil's lip-reading, and the like. He apparently owns a Dukes of Hazzard game, and will brag about it in any medium possible.

I think they're trying to humanize Ecklie a little bit. You know, make him a little less one-dimensional and stuff. And if I had a Dukes of Hazzard game? I'd brag about it too! Hello! I read an interview with QT on tvguide.com and he said he considers Grissom one of the greatest detectives since Sherlock Holmes. Double G is pretty cool, y'all. I gotta admit.


Sevi says:

No TV after Wednesday? What a shame. I will certainly miss the one sentence about any show I actually care to watch. Just think, you'll have plenty of time to watch the White Sox-Rangers series this weekend! Oh, by the way, the best show on TV is nowhere near the end of its season.

Victory is mine...for now. Just my luck, the idjits at NBC will run West Wing at 9pm Sunday against Family Guy, thereby forcing me to tape at least 1 of the only 2 shows on TV consistently worth watching.


Sincerely,
Matt Santos / Peter Griffin '05Campaign HQ


Well, sorry to break it to you, but I think this is NBC's way of letting you down easy for a quiet cancellation after next season. So I'd say enjoy it while you can because it's going to get slaughtered in the ratings, not only by the Simpson's and Cold Case, but also by ABC's Sunday night powerhouse lineup. NBC just gave your favorite show a death sentence. Sorry, love. But on an up-note, looks like WW will be on 8pm (Eastern) and Family Guy will be on at 9pm. Your VCR won't have to lift a single magnetic head. Look! A whole paragraph! =)


Jing says:

whoa after a long blog hiatus i've returned and all i can say is "why didn't we watch the finale together di???" i was freaking out, thank goodness i had my de-fib nearby. yeah, it was that intense. i don't get why chloe was there when jack "died". maybe i still hate chloe. not as much as i hate edgar though. what are they going to do next season? there's no jack. tony and michelle are gone. it better not be the chloe and edgar show featuring curtis.

There is not a chance in hell of that happening!!! As far as I can tell, the only recurring characters that are for sure coming back are Jack and Chloe. There will never be a 24 without Keifer/Jack. The fans would never return for a Jack-less story line. Here's an interview with Robert Cochran, the cocreator. It wraps up some stuff about Season 4 and teases Season 5. Don't worry! It doesn't give anything away that I haven't already! =) Read it, dammit! And.... I don't know why we didn't watch it together. It's a damn shame, I tell you. And I think Chloe was there for Jack's "death" to act sad and to run interference with the coroner's office. That... and we've just GOT to have Chloe know that Jack's alive for next season! Oh, and mad props to Shane aka Special Agent OC Idol or whatever the hell his name is for coining Jack's name next season: BOB (Black Ops Bauer).

i officially have nothing to look forward to as of now. lost has concluded and my tv watching life is over for a few months. oh woe is me!

Lost is in trouble for NOT CLEARING UP A DAMN THING! All we really know is that "The Others" have a boat and want Walt for his freakish mind or whatever. Favorite line: When Locke asked Jack if he'd ever played Operation. But if someone could explain the part that most perplexed me, I'd be most grateful. You know when they were about to blow the hatch and Jack and Kate were talking (just make out already!), and he said to her, "If we survive this thing... if we survive today, we're gonna have a Locke problem." Say whaaaaaaat???

aren't you glad i'm back di? :) of course you aren't because we didn't get to know each other too well before i fell into that really deep hole but i clawed my way back :).

Just because I got a big grin on my face and squealed "JING!" when I saw your comment does not mean that I missed you in the least. ;) Oh, and I do try to read your blog, btw, but I don't see anywhere to leave comments? Are we supposed to keep our smartass comments to ourselves or what? I'm guessing that your absence was attributed to finals and I'd like to say to you and Moonie and our other collegiate friends congratulations on another completed year. May your brain be allowed to turn to complete mush during the next three months.


OK, so that's all I've really got at the moment. Woohoo for three day weekends! And on a final note, I am a total cheeseball....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadly the combination of myself being the starving student that i am and my school's uncontrollably jerkfaced cheapness, the free webspace provided for me upon which my blog currently resides doesn't support any scripting (mySQL, php, etc.). therefore no comments. but i have email! and a livejournal where you can post all your smart-aleck-y remarks.

that's probably the last ounce of intelligence i can muster before the sunlight invades my brain and turns it into beautiful mush. c u l8r...ok i hate that crap...love ya di ;)

12:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Undercover Shaq rocks! I do think, however, Kobe would be better. After all, he knows a bit more about how to disappear when important things are on the line.

In other sports news, the Sox take to the road to play a first-place team this weekend. No, I don't mean the 4th-place Red Sox playing the 2nd-place Yankees, you silly, overhyped Northeastern people. The best series of the weekend features the MLB-leading White Sox heading down to Tejas to play the co-division-leading Rangers. Since the Sox aren't hitting much, and the Rangers pitchers can't even get anyone out in Playstation, this will be the case of "resistable force meets movable object." Enjoy the weekend, and thanks to those who fought and died so we can enjoy ballgames and cookouts (not to mention the other cool stuff that comes with liberty)!

Sevi

P.S. Yes, I know...the West Wing Deathwatch is now on.

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Undercover Shaq... oh mah gawd, Becky.
the first crime he can investigate...

Huzzah for 3-day weekends! I went downtown and ogled all the scantily-clad biker chicks with all the other loser office drones. I can't wait to see what excitement I'll come up with tomorrow!

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Stupid Blogspot. The damn thing worked just fine in the preview.
I'll teach those fuckers to go and ruin my Shaq joke...

11:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here