I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 03, 2005

I should just rename this blog "what Di thinks about TV" because that's all I can seem to talk about lately. My personal life is just so boring right now. Well, that's kind of a lie but I don't feel like talking about that particular debacle right now, but maybe later, hm? TV makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Unless it's tonight's Veronica Mars which was awesome, yet oogy! I mean, yes we got a lot of answers but one of those answers was the oogiest oog that ever ooged. Wait. But if you add in Logan's little webcam fetish, that's two oogy discoveries. What a bad bad boy! I mean, he seemed really genuine what with the showing up at her door and owning up to what happened at Shelley's party. I mean, did he really not expect her to find the cameras. WTF? Anyway, I think it's pretty crappy that everyone seemed to know that Veronica and Duncan were half-siblings except for Veronica, and apparently Keith. I mean, we just got pummeled with revelation after revelation. Can you imagine what NEXT WEEK is going to be like? I'll need to drink a lot of fluids, I think. The awesomeness could be draining. My brain is still swimming.

Amazing Race: I'm glad Rob and Ambuh are in first. Don't act like they don't deserve it or they cheated, because they didn't. Just because they have a knack for finding local tour guides and playing devilishly smart doesn't mean they don't deserve it. I really don't care if they already won a million dollars on Survivor. Too bad we didn't get income stats on all of the other teams, hm? If they hadn't already been on Survivor, you would love them and you would be rooting for them all the way. That being said, I love Uchenna and Joyce. I think I already said that in the last post, but it's SO TRUE! Oh, and does anyone know what that song is that every TV show has to play every time they show London? Maybe it's the song they play for the Queen or something? I don't know, but I thought TAR editors were more clever than that. Maybe they're so clever that I don't see their cleverness. Eh. Anyway. Next week is the finale (on the same night AND TIME as Veronica Mars... oh the anguish!) and it looks like they are all getting hella bunched anyway so their arrival times tonight are probably moot. Remember, one more non-elimination leg (boooo!) and then Rob and Ambuh can win. Hee! Fun fact for the evening: Did you know that Istanbul is the only major city that spans two continents? Well, I knew, but did you?

American Idol: Oh man. Where to begin. I took so many notes tonight because I am a giant nerd. In a month from now after this is all over, I'm going to go back and read those notes and think "Gah, what a dork!" So now you can get a jump on "In-A-Month" Me! I'm so helpful!

Anyway, this is the part where the contestants get two songs each because there's an hour to fill and it can't be all product placement or the kids will start to catch on that they're just whores for Coca-Cola and Ford. So the two categories they could choose from were 1) some song-writing duo that wrote Stand By Me and a bunch of Elvis songs 2) this week's top 40 from any chart. OK, last week was the last five years, this week is well.... this week. Maybe next week, they can do songs from 2 years from now. Awesome! I bet Ford has that time machine ready to go!

A-Fed: First song was Poison Ivy, which I'll admit is not a song I recognized. Now this is important for later: I did not recognize the song and I did not pay attention to him as he sang it. He's nice looking enough, but I'm just bored with him. His second song was "Incomplete" which is a song that I sort of recognized, but I didn't know where from. He was doing a well enough job with it, so I actually sat still and watched (which is rare, which is why I watch TV instead of movies, FYI). As I tried to place the song in my head, I noticed that our little A-Fed is like a Nick Carter 2.0 but with not as much talent. Not even Aaron Carter. Nick 2.0. Seriously. Look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here