I hope you're not expecting something specific.

May 03, 2005

So anyway. It wasn't until after the song was over that we were told that it was a Backstreet Boys song. Yeesh. Backstreet's back, alright? And there's not a damn thing any of us can do about it. I used to be a 13 year old girl at one time and I would like to take this time to seriously apologize for any hysteria over New Kids on the Block that I may have caused.

Scott: First song was Boardwalk and second song was Every Time something or other. Well, I will tell you that I'm not a Scott fan. He is a good singer, but I don't think he should win. Can you imagine an entire CD from this guy? I'm falling asleep just thinking about it. And media-savvy he is not. I know this is a singing contest but.... do I need to bring up Ruben/Clay again? Ruben: not media-savvy. Clay: media-savvy. And Clay has enjoyed much more success than Ruben. Ruben? Life on a Stick. Clay? Scrubs. 'Nuff said about that. Anyway! That Every Time song was wicked hard and it seemed for a moment that Scott actually came alive. And all because Simon told him to pack his bags. Here's hoping for a Guarini-type backlash. Come on, Scott! Keep it up with your backtalk!

Vonzell: Oh Baby V. My darling. Tonight was not your best night. And choosing the #1 song on the charts that happens to be BY THE AMERICAN IDOL TOP TEN was slightly a cop-out, even if you nailed it. But you looked gorgeous and you're still amazing and I hope you get to stick around another week, although I'll admit that I'm a little scared. After all, you look nothing like any of the Backstreet Boys and you haven't thrown any communication devices at anyone lately, so.....

Bo: Stand By Me. He did his Bo thing and .... is that a cross tattooed on his chest? What the... Are you too lazy to wear a crucifix every day? I'm baffled. And I'm glad he can grow a full beard, but that doesn't mean he has to. I don't want him to win because I'm pretty sure he can be a success without this show and I hope Paula gets a smack on the wrist every time she says that on national television. I'm allowed to say it because the show's credibility isn't keeping my bank account very much in the black. Anyhoo.... Second song was that Los Lonely Boys song about Heaven and what the hell was he wearing? Did he raid the "gypsies" portion of Cher's closet or what? Guess they were all out of tramps and theives. I will contend that that is not an easy song to sing, so bravo, Bogart.

Carrie: OK, listen. I will admit that I was starting to get a little bored with our Down Home Sweetheart. She is always flawless (except for that Love is a Battlefield debacle that I refuse to forgive her for... Nikki McKibben is still paying three years later for Heartbreaker), but tonight she blew me away. Seriously. First with Trouble, apparently by Elvis. I did not recognize this song, but I was GLUED! Remember what I said about A-Fed and how it was important? This is the huge gap between Carrie and like, everyone else. She can keep my attention even if I don't know the song and I think that's really important because when she starts putting out records, you know... I'm not going to know those songs either. Anyway, she totally rocked my face with her "I'm evil" chorus because she's so.... not! I was very impressed and after the first song was when I decided that this was the first week in about a month that I would vote for Vonzell and someone else. It was that good. Motivating! And for her second song, she did a song that I am sure will become one of my favorites of all time. Bless the Broken Road by Rascall Flatts. Knowing the original version, I thought Carrie kinda blew it and missed a lot of notes (for her, anyway), but she still did a great job! What is it with this girl? And whatever judge said that it was a simple song was dead wrong. That is a hard song to sing! I love Vonzell to pieces, and I will totally cry when she gets second place, but I think Carrie's going to take the whole thing. She's just so.... awesome.

And one last thing about American Idol... how much does the band freakin rock this year? Seriously, I am so impressed with them! VERY cool and I hope they are getting paid bookoo bucks for being so awesome.

Commercials: Yes, like a true TV fiend, I wrote down some notes on the stupid commercials. So sue me! During the first break, I think, there was this commercial showing a girl getting dumped, and then buying a new shirt. Then she loses her job or something, and she buys a new dress. And so on... something bad happens and then a shopping trip. I was like.... who got ahold of my life and why is there a commercial about it? But it was about cotton. The tag line was "The healing power of cotton." Healing power of shopping, guys. SHOPPING! It really does miracles, I swear.

And then there was that Sonic commercial. Now, I dig these Sonic spots with the smartasses eating and making jokes or whatever. Bravo on a successful ad campaign. But that's not what caught my attention. Blackened sauce? Does that sound kinda.... gross to anyone else? I mean... it's black. I can sort of understand actually blackening the chicken breast, but to put sauce on it to make it taste blackened? Yick! If any one has had this sandwich and think it to be da bomb, please feel free to put me in my place but that just sounds..... bleuch.

OK, so that's my assessment. In quick TV news, Veronica Mars got picked up for a second season (thank you "Quiet Man Who Is Anything But" for pointing that out to me) so WOOHOO! Also, Lost is new tomorrow FINALLY so let us all rejoice in that. Seems like eons, no? All of these badass shows wrapping up all at the same time is going to give me the vapors. Oh, and a "two hour event" for the OC on Thursday thanks to the news conference that turned out to be more conference than actual news. Prime freakin time.

I didn't even weigh in on 24. I think Audrey's going to break up with Jack. What do you guys think? I mean, she was going to do it before Paulie died, but now I think she's really got her heart set on it. And China? Going to get all prickly with us for "invading" their consulate. Geez, get over yourselves, China! We just kidnapped one guy! We'll give him back! Sheesh. You know... if he lives. Ahem. So uh, next week looks good. Yay! That is all. And uh... Jack thinks....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your daily life has recently been debacle-flavored... maybe some of that blackened sauce would cheer you up. Or not.

Naturally, I don't watch any of those shows, so I can't comment. I love the hell outta commercials though, so I'll weigh in there.

Sonic Ads: Comedy gold. I still prefer the original two smartasses over the Coy and Vance type replacements. Doesn't stop me from enjoying meat-based dressing though...

Haven't seen the healing power of cotton... is it anything like the power of cheese? If so, it could be dangerous if someone developed cotton cheese. I'd be all "don't cross the streams dude, that's COTTON cheese!"
I'm sure Jack Bauer would be a prominent figure in a post-cotton cheese world.

-Otak, who tried to have a life, only to get a 404 error.

11:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here