I hope you're not expecting something specific.

June 21, 2005

Summer TV Part Deux

Summer TV. What to say? It mostly.... well, sucks. That's good and bad. I mean, there is some decent programming, but unlike the fall, when every night is jam-packed and sometimes overflowing with delicious TV goodness, the summer is kind of like a light brunch. Most of the stuff you don't care about, but you eat it anyway while you wait for the good stuff (i.e. lobster). Aaaaanyway! Here's my unprofessional and admittedly irrelevant opinions....

I Want to be a Hilton: Gabi recognized this show from its promos. She said, "Daddy said this looked stupid." I said, "For once, Daddy's right, honey." I mean... social tips from the woman who raised Paris? Heebies. But we watched it anyway. Why? Nothing else on. So, it's not TOO bad. The cast is everything you think it might be. The gay one, the black diva, the cowboy, the showgirl, the white trash. But here's what surprised me.... Kathy Hilton actually is kind of charming. I mean, that's practically her job, but she has better camera presence than Tommy Hilfiger and, dare I say it, Donald Trump. At one point, Gabi groaned, "When's Survivor coming baaaaaack?" Word up, homey. Just..... Word.

The Cut: Sigh. Tommy Hilfiger has zero camera presence and maybe should not be the star of his own show. Add on top of that unlikable cast, seemingly irrelevant tasks, cheesy dismissal line, and little too much similarity to The Apprentice (all except the good parts.... if there are any left) and you have a forgettable show. Pfft.

I still love Beauty and the Geek. It gets better every week. I'm not all about Dancing with the Stars as much, but I do record it since it comes on Wednesdays and Gabi's with her dad and he refuses to watch it so she and I watch it on Thursday night. Whew! Long sentence...

The Scholar: Yes, I realize that Gabi and I are the only ones who watch it. Pfft. Gabi loves it for some reason, so we watch it. It's OK, I guess, but it's kind of heartbreaking to know that half of these incredibly bright kids will probably walk away with nothing. At least they don't send one of them home every week. If everyone could like, stop copying Survivor, that'd be great.

Gilmore Girls: I had never ever watched an episode of this show until last Tuesday. They're replaying this past season and it is actually really good! Like, now I know what all the hype is about and why there should probably be more hype. It walks that line between comedy and drama so perfectly..... even better than Desperate Housewives IMNHO.

Veronica Mars: Hee! I love watching the reruns (even though they're not in order.... grrrr) knowing the answers to the mystery. It's so tasty!

And my new addiction....

The 4400: Now this is appointment television. And I would like to thank Jing for getting me hooked on it. Jessica was cool enough to DVR all of Season One when they replayed it a couple weeks ago and we spent a week catching up. So by the time that Season Two rolled around, we could watch it when it came on and not be behind. The story is really something that can hold your attention and leave you wanting more. And it's on cable so there's sex and mild cursing! Awesome!

Relatively short post. I've been sick and should go to bed, but I took two naps today so to tell the truth, I'm not quite so tired. But then again, I haven't taken my magical cough medicine yet. Ah, I'd better get to that. Oh wait! First.... cute Gabi story.

So Gabi has this game called Cadoo or somesuch. It's basically a bunch of different cards with different tasks on them. Some are to make a clay sculpture and make the other team guess. Some are draw a picture and some are "live action" sort of a charades type thing. So she gets a charades card and she stands up and puts her hands over her head like you'd do if you were making a shark fin. She says, "Guess what I am, Mommy!" So of course, I guess shark... nope. A diver? Nope. A statue (cop out guess)? Nope. Can I have a clue? Orange! Huh? I'm baffled so I give. "I'm a carrot! See?" And she shows me the card and it says "Karate." =) Learning to read is fun.

OK, off to dreamland!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow so this is what it feels like to be cool. is this how you feel like constantly? i could get used to this...thanks for liking the things i like cool mommy :)

8:22 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I touched your blog. Your blog was all, "Unh." Yeah. Mmhmm. Call me.

9:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am in love with you. You like all the same shows n everything. I am getting all fat n stuff from lying on the couch all day n I think there is a moldy bagel in one of my lard folds somewhere (because of the smell).

Hopefully we can meet some day or have an internt love affair, cybersex or whatever. I really think we could make it work.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger di said...

Well, nothing gets a girl all hot n bothered like visions of moldy bagles in lard folds. LOL =)

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here