I hope you're not expecting something specific.

June 12, 2005

Oh Wee Oh Wee Oh!

This post will have no structure. No beginning, no "meat of the story", no closer, and, as you may have guessed, no point. Let's get started, shall we?

The other day in the car, Gabi and I were listening to the radio and "Jungle Love" came on the radio. Gabi asks, very sincerely, "What kind of music is this?" I think for a minute about how to answer that and first decide to NOT say "It's Morris Day and the Motherfuckin Time!" a la Jay. So I tell her, "Well, the band's name is Morris Day and the *pause to make sure I don't say it* Time. I guess this kind of music is happy pop funky soul dance music." And she says, "It makes me want to DANCE!" And I look in my rear view mirror, and sure enough, she is boogeying her little heart out. Oh Wee Oh Wee Oh! Just a fount of fun, she is.

Friday, I was driving (again) and I was listening to the best radio station ever. Get this.... Nelson (!!!) and Harvey Danger back to back. I almost exploded from my desire to high five that DJ. Nelson, y'all. NELSON! And then FLAG POLE SITTA! o/* I can't live without your love and affection! I can't take another night on my own! I'd give up my pride, save me from being aloooooone! BAY-BEEEEEEH! o/* Man, whatever happened to those guys? Cheesy videos and long-hair-slinging aside, they were pretty good!

And now I'm going to go over to Jessica's and go swimming. This is terrifying to me for two reasons. One, I am fat and don't particularly want anyone seeing me in a skin-tight, tiny piece of fabric that shows off my every imperfection. I'm so used to dressing to hide those flaws, and I do it so well, but swimsuits.... brutal. Two, I am white. Milky white. Blindingly white. I burn in like, twenty minutes. I wear everything-proof 50 SPF to prevent myself from burning. So why can't people just accept that I'm pale? Huh? Everyone's always tryin to tan me. "Girl, you need some sun." I love sun. But the frying of flesh isn't really all that fun for me. And I think that people take my pale skin as a sign that I don't go outside much. Well, even if I did go outside a lot, I'd still be really pale thanks to the wonders of SPF 50. So stop all this nonsense! I'm here! I'm white! Get used to it! Or something.

Leaving now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hush di, we all know you're beautiful :).

2:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:38 PM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Di's trying to convince everyone she's not hot... *checks watch* Yep, must be summer.

Woman, do we really have to go through all this again?

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Dew said...

How embarrassed am I that the first Jungle Love that sprang to mind was STEVE MILLER?!

OMG, I am hopelessly hopelessly hopelessly uncool.

And repetitive.

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here