I hope you're not expecting something specific.

July 04, 2005

FIRE!

Hurray for Independence Day! It is most certainly my favorite holiday, for without it, we may not have any of the others. I hope all of my American friends had a lovely day and I hope all of my friends across the pond, up yonder, and way down under were all amused by us Americans yet again. And just this one day out of the year, I'd like to say "Up your nose with a rubber hose, England!" =)

I had a good one. Took Gabs to the water park here in town. Couldn't find my SPF 45, so I thought I'd just try to stay in the shade most of the time. Well, that worked out well. I am now ON FIRE! My body is cold, yet my skin is about 500 degrees. Go on. Cook an egg on my shoulder. It'll be grand. Actually.... where's that Crisco?

And then we went up to the mall to view some fireworks and see Raven. Yes, Raven as in Olivia from the Cosby show. She's very popular with the Disney crowd. So popular, in fact, that the only place we could barely get a glimpse of her was actually outside the event "gates" and off to the side. I perched my wee one up on my badly sun damaged shoulder so she could see. It hurt like hell, but was totally worth it to see her singing along and yelling "Go Raven!" She was in hog heaven. It was also worth it because we were behind one of the radio station vans (actually in between two of them), and the guy stuck with the job of telling everyone to get off the vans was wicked hot. So Gabs got to see Raven and I had some eye candy and all was good. Then we cut out of the concert.... that we were really never technically at.... to go find a spot to watch the fireworks. It was 87 degrees when we got home, so it was probably at least 90 out in the mall parking lot with a few thousand people. Poor lil princess was hot. But as soon as the parking lot lights went out, she perked right up and ooooh'd and aaaaah'd with every firework. She also asked why they're called fireworks. I asked her what they SHOULD be called. Her answer: firecolors. Can't argue with that. The kid's a genius. What can I say?

So anyway. She was asleep before we got home and now I'm about to head off. I wore us both out today. WHEW! Big time sleepin is the only thing left to do today. Good night, dear blogworld.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy fourth di! glad you had a hot time :). this may be a dumb question but how come the munchkin doesn't burn? :)

11:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gawd. Becky.
You went to see Raven? I wasn't aware she had a singing career. I betcha they could have gotten 3 times the crowd if they had Vanessa or Rudy show up too.
Anyway, while the concept of a mall parking lot concert is hilarious (on par with Tiffany, or early-80s breakdancing demos) at least Gabi had fun.

Speaking of which, tell Condoleeza Jr. that in Japanese, they're called "hanabi" which translates to "fire flower."

=^..^=

1:21 AM

 
Blogger di said...

Heya Jing! The munchkin doesn't burn because she's half Mexican! She just gets a helluva tan. Meanwhile...

OTA! Actually, our city has their Independence Day celebration in the mall parking lot every year due to the fact that everyone knows where it is and it has ample parking and a great field adjacent to it that facilitates the setting off of "hanabi." And are you not aware that Raven has a popular show on the Disney Channel? It's more like she has a TV career and just happens to sing too.

And I'd have to give the city snaps. Last year? Baha Men. So definite improvement.

8:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOkkkaaayyy....
Thanks for mentioning yur friends 'downunder'. I'm glad you had a better day than your other one!

6:05 PM

 
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Baha Men?? Good God, William Hung would be an improvement over those guys.
So... do we get any sexy lobster pics?

8:28 PM

 
Blogger di said...

Oh my dear Stewy. You can have pics when you tell me who you are. =)

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Shane said...

Well, what about me? You know who I am yet I've received no photos! ;-)

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here