I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 20, 2009

Today was President's Day

February 19, 2007

Today was Presidents Day. I asked Gabi if they had a special day at school to talk about the Presidents. I was shocked to learn that they did not! So I asked her what she knows about the Presidents. She began to tell me the story of Abraham Lincoln and how he was born in Kentucky (he was?), grew up in a log cabin in Illinois, he was our 16th President, and he's on the 5 dollar bill.... I'm like.... wow, that's a lot to know as a first grader. But she never said anything about freeing the slaves or ending the Civil War. So trying to bait her into saying that, I asked her, "What is Abraham Lincoln most famous for?" Gabi in her best "you're kind of an idiot, aren't you" voice: "Being President."

Guess I can't really argue with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Holy crap, that's one seriously large blog-gasm there, Di. Nice to see that you're unable to completely escape social media, though.

2:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here