I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 17, 2009

I shop, therefore I think. Sort of.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Current mood: hot

I think we all have that one everyday thing that freaks us out. You know, the seemingly innocuous thing that no one else ever has a problem with. Like some people find mirrors to be freaky. I personally love them for they serve to remind me just how awesome my hair is with wonderous consistency. Some people think microwaves steal your soul and make you sterile. Hm.... maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong people..... But anyway.

Today, I figured out what every day item freaks me out. Headless mannequins. Regular mannequins were kind of on notice with me anyway considering the number of times I've turned a corner and thought they were real people. So imagine how freakish it is to turn a corner, think you're about to run into a real person, only to realize..... it has no head. Now there are mannequins that are just legs. Those aren't so bad. I'm not going to mistake those for an actual person due to the total lack of a torso. But the headless ones.... they have arms and legs and torsos... and it's an entire person except for the head! I mean, can the heads really be that expensive? Of course, after I ran into Decapitee #1, I started seeing them everywhere. Where are all the heads!? Wig shop?

Oh, and at Charlotte Russe, they had "living mannequins," which means that they hire real girls to stand in the window and pretend to be fake. That's kind of freaky, too. I'm all, "I'm staring. Can they see me staring? Do they like the staring? I mean, if they don't like it, then they are certainly in the wrong line of work. I guess it's OK to stare. I can't stare. They're freaky. Ohmygod, it moved!" At least they had their heads.

Random: When you're in the shoe section at Target, and you start to wonder why the shoes smell so bad, they don't. It's you. Go home and take a shower. Seriously. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here