I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 17, 2009

Deep thoughts brought about by watching American Idol. No Really.

Monday, April 10, 2006

I have no idea who this chick is but I freakin love her. I couldn't have said it better myself.....

Now...if you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams...and follow your star...youll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and werent so lazy. ~Miss Perspicacia Tick

Because let me tell you.... it annoys the hell out of me when successful people tell their minions that if they just believe in themselves enough, they'll make it. Take the lyrics to Mariah's "Make it Happen"

If you believe in yourself enough and know what you want, you're gonna make it happen.

Now you guys know I loves me some Mariah, OK? But it's crap like this that makes people think that if they just close their eyes and wish really hard, it'll happen. And of all people.... Mariah works her ass off. She busted her butt to get to where she is and it is so irritating to see her touting this brand of wishful thinking.

Because then you get the people you see on the first few episodes of American Idol who cannot deal when they're told that they suck. It's almost like if they fail, they just didn't "believe" enough (second only to "Simon doesn't know what he's talking about." And you do.... riiiiiight!). No, you failed because you suck. You failed because you rode your sparkly unicorn up the hippie rainbow of bunny rabbit dreams only to be told that realistically, you don't have any talent. Just because you want it doesn't mean you've earned it. Your mom does not count as an objective judge.

Realism. It's salty. But good. Like bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here