I hope you're not expecting something specific.

September 20, 2009

A conversation between Mother & Child

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Current mood: peaceful
A conversation we had this evening whilst watching the Mavs game:

Gabs: GOOOO MAVERICKS!
Me: Wooooohoohoohoooooo!
G: They're playing San Antonio
M: Yep. Who do we not like?
G: San Antonio
M: That's right. At all times, whether we're playing them or not. Whether it's basketball season or not
G: But shouldn't we go for the Texas teams?
M: No. They are our nemesis!
G: .......
M: Do you know what a nemesis is?
G: An arch-foe?
M: .......... Actually.... yeah.
*Dirk sinks a shot from a ball that was saved from going out of bounds by one of the Spurs*
M: DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRK!!!!!
G: Uh huh. Oh yeah. He's tall. He's German. Go Dirk. Go Dirk. *complete with Cowboys pom poms*

---------------------some time passes--------------------

Phone: *brrrrrring brrrrrrrring!* [Actually, it's Beethoven's 5th, but that is neither here nor there]
Gabi's Dad: Mavs are winning!
M: I KNOW! I hate the Spurs.
D: And West Virginia and Louisville are playing. Lots of good stuff on tonight.
M: Well, I'm recording the Office, watching Survivor and flipping back and forth between that and the Mavs game, so I think I've got enough TV to watch tonight.
D: Dude. You need a TiVO.
M: Duh, Sherlock.
D: I'm going to lie to Gabi and tell her I ate all of her Halloween candy.
M: Dude, that's so wrong. *realizes Gabi is listening to my end of the conversation* She's going to be so mad at you. I can't believe you'd do that to a little kid.
D: Hehehe
M: You're going to have to tell her. I'm not going to break my baby's heart like that. *hands phone to Gabs*
G: *dubious look* Hi, Daddy.
D: [Hi baby. I hope you don't mind, but I ate all of your Halloween candy]
G: Oh. That's OK. I'll just get more next year.
D: [But you don't have any more]
G: I don't mind, Daddy. You can have it.
D: [Oh, I'm just kidding, sweetie. It's all right where you left it.]
G: You can have some if you want. I'm probably not going to eat it all anyway.

She's seven.

So as you can see, I not only have the smartest and funniest kid... but also the nicest. She's so kind and good. I can't believe I made that. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here