I hope you're not expecting something specific.

October 13, 2004

Good/Bad

From tvguide.com's Rochell Thomas on the new show Manhunt (something like the search for some new male model. "America's Next Top Model" for men):

These guys are wannabe male models which means there are some super-hot
boys in the bunch but most of them are just odd-looking in a photogenic way.
They're high maintenance Vanity Smurfs. And, I hate to say it, but they're kinda
dumb. Seriously. This is why pretty boys shouldn't talk.

Haaaaaahahaha! Haven't you ever said, "I just want them to sit there and look pretty"? I know I have. A lot. I especially like what she says about most of them being "odd-looking in a photogenic way." That is so true. Male models are usually just weird looking more than hot.

As I laugh, I feel like crap. I want to go home and SLEEP! And my tummy hurts. Waaaaaaah!

Woo! Lost comes on tonight! Oh, and I guess we need alternate viewing options because of the debacles....er....debates. Hm, Mythbusters comes on Discovery at 8 (CDT). Ooh! Modern Marvels on the History Channel (which I usually only watch when there's a man in the room hogging the remote) is covering the history of Chicago's Sears Tower. That looks interesting. And IF I had digital cable I could watch Naked Science on the National Geographic Channel or Coupling on BBC (which is actually VERY funny - and more proof that we should just leave the Brit humour ALONE!). Maybe I'll just go to bed early. This is awful. I finally have a good hair day and all I want to do is go to bed. Wait. Back up. I ALWAYS have a good hair day. Today is an exceptionally good hair day. But I still kinda want to throw up a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Male models are weird-looking rather than hot? DAMN, I coulda been a star! I've got weird-loking in spades. No wait, I'd prolly have a problem with the no talky-talk part.

It does seem a shame to burn a good hair day on bed... but a good sleep day trumps hair without breaking a sweat. Besides, if you weren't tired, the cable would just go out on you.
However, if by some miracle, a stray puff of air doesn't blow onto the cable office and you do get to watch TV, you can't do better than Mythbusters. It's got intrigue, drama, and shit that blows up. How could anyone go wrong?

11:53 AM

 
Blogger di said...

It's true. Mythbusters is pure cable fun. The best part about this show is when they fail miserably. They positively INSIST upon succeeding in blowing something up even if it means going very far off-track. I mean, even after the myth is busted, it's like they still want to see how much it would've taken to make the myth true. I.E. Seeing how much they'll have to turn up the jet engines to flip the car over, seeing how much magnetism it'll take to really decode a credit card, and my favorite, what it's really going to take to make a cell phone (or anything else for that matter) ignite and/or blow up.

Random: Isn't it kinda funny how "raise" and "raze" are practically the opposite of each other? English is so kooky.

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here