I hope you're not expecting something specific.

July 23, 2004

I'm a witch

And I don't mean that in a "I'm a bitch, but I don't want to say bitch so I'll just say witch" sort of way.  I mean "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K" kind of way.  OK, let's back up to a couple of months ago.  First, let me say that I said "no more stories about TOIL" a while back, but that was a total lie and you knew it so you'll just have to deal for now.  So a couple of months ago, when TOIL was first starting to date whatsherface, I told him something along the lines of "You'd better get that out of your system by July."  He says confusedly (I don't care if it's not a word), "Huh?" as he should have because I had been drinking and well, it really didn't make any sense to anyone but me.  Then I said something to the effect of "My birthday's in July and we should totally make out for my birthday."  Oh ha ha you silly girl!  He had a girlfriend!  It's not like he took it seriously.  It's easy to make things look/sound like a joke when the concept seems implausible.  So fast forward to last Friday.  Remember my eye candy story?  Well, it's a little embedded, so let me share a little something from it:

And that's when I did it.  I took that leap because he is now a non-threatening force in my life.  I know I have no chance with him for at least a few months, so making a fool of myself will only seem like joking.  Right?  RIGHT??!  Let's hope.  So anyway, I say "Hey, if things don't work out with you and girlfriend, I'm right here."  He is such a doll, as he hugs me he says, "You flatter me.  You are so sweet."  SIGH!  I know, he's just being nice so I'll go away.  So I just say "I hold back" in a cute unassuming manner.  He laughed.  AWWWWW! 

So I show up last night.  The first thing he says to me is "Happy Birthday."  I want to have his children.  I can't believe he actually remembered.  I really didn't expect anyone to remember.  Even Brad, who is allegedly "in love" with me, totally forgot.  And we KNOW TOFDU forgot.  Er, I guess that comes later.  Anyway, so I go to sit with Jessica at a table instead of at the bar because there was a group of us and we couldn't all smoosh in at the bar.  So not a whole lot of TOIL flirtation *sad face.*  But I had a clear view of the bar, so at least I had my eye candy.  Did he catch me?  A few times.  Hee!  And TOFDU showed up.  It's July.  In Texas.  It is 90 degrees when the sun goes down at 9:00.  He is wearing jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.  Did he look hot?  Oh yes.  And I don't mean temperature-wise.  The boy is fine, OK?  So I decide to assume a 45 degree angle between the two just so I could get the maximum ogle-age.  Happy Birthday to ME!  "What do you want for your birthday?"  "Eye candy."  Wish granted.  Anyway!  So TOIL gets a break.  Does he go in the back to sit down for a minute?  Does he step outside for a breath of fresh air?  No.  He comes over to our table and gives me a big hug and tells me happy birthday again.  And I say, "Can we make out for my birthday?"  I completely expected him to give a laugh and say "run it by my girlfriend" or something like that.  I think he started to say that and stopped himself.  "Well, actually we could since I'm single again."  Glee and complete dread hit me all at once.  Here I am blatantly hitting on him because I assume that he has a gf and will surely take it as a joke.  Now there is that inkling of "maybe she's not kidding and she's insane."  Is that bad to hit on someone blatantly when they have a girlfriend because you KNOW they'd take it as a joke?  And then take it down a few levels when they break up?  I feel so bad for him because I know he really liked her and it had to be a shock.  Friday, everything was all good.  Tuesday, she dumped him.  SHE dumped HIM!!!  Seriously, there is nothing NOT to like about this guy.  How he could be dumped is completely beyond me.  Well, he knows I adore him.  I won't lay down any more blatant come-ons (yeah right).  As S-E-A-N told me last night (boyfriend to one of Jessica's friends, Katie Holmes, not of Dawson's Creek), just play it cool and be [my]self.  And, after telling me how much he loves Katie and how he's going to marry her, S-E-A-N told me, "You're a beautiful girl, he should have no problems noticing you."  AWWWWWW!!  How totally sweet!  You know he wasn't "just" saying it, either.  That is a huge compliment coming from someone who I had just met and didn't have anything to gain by saying it.  So when I combine the comment from a couple months ago ("get that out of your system by my birthday) and the comment from last Friday ("If things go sour with gf, I'm here"), I can only conclude that I am a witch.  I wiggled my little nose and sprinkled my fairy dust without even knowing it.  The only problem is, I can't do it intentionally.  So I can't just go get the "ask me out on a date" potion and drop it in his drink.  Man, that would be AWESOME!  I guess I'll just have to attempt to be charming and sweet or something.  I'm sure he knows I dig him.  I'd have to say, if he doesn't know by now, that shows he might be a tad dense and maybe not for me.  Ha!  OK, let's set a goal right here.  My goal is to not say anything to TOIL tonight about making out, getting married, or having his children.  Baby steps, OK?  Baby steps.

OK, so that's what happened with TOIL.  As for the rest of my birthday, I did complete my task of having tacos for all 3 meals.  It was a difficult task, but I had to do it.  When you set a goal, you must accomplish it, no matter the obstacles (we'll see if that holds true tonight).  And Jessica got me this beautiful candle holder thingie with a good-smelly candle and some funny coasters.  And I woke up this morning with TOFDU's cat about a quarter of an inch away from my face.  Kitty breath.  As if to say "Who are you and why are you in my spot?"  So I roll over and try to go back to sleep only to wake up a few minutes later with the cat laying on my hair.  Boy did it wig her out when I reclaimed my hair.  Ha!  Good times.  Exciting, huh?  Actually, it was nice to have an uneventful birthday.  Everyone I needed to remember, remembered.   I don't need gifts, but I like what I got and am more thankful that those people thought enough of me to actually go out and purchase something for me than for the actual gift.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, yay for birthday #28.  Back to an even number.  Whee!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of President Serrano, "A sweetch-heeting weetch?"

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here