I hope you're not expecting something specific.

August 26, 2008

And now back to our regularly scheduled shenanigans....

Last night was "meet the teacher" night at Gabzilla's school. Third grade started today, her teacher is wonderful, everything's super. However..... while Gabi was talking to one of her friends in the classroom, I noticed a sign-in sheet next to the door. Her stepmom had already been by and signed her in, so I hadn't looked at it. I look down and there's a space for the child's name, the parents' names, a couple of other fields and at the end was a box asking how the child was going home the first day. I guess a lot of parents go pick up their kiddos on the first day and make it all special and stuff.... I don't.... I threw my snowflake to the wolves on the first day of kindergarten, but anyway.

So the last column wasn't worded very well since there was a limited amount of space left on the sheet. It just asked "Going home first day?" You're supposed to answer walk, bike, school bus, day care bus, dad picking up, etc. Out of about 12 entries at least 8 were filled in with "Yes."

I was THISCLOSE.... I mean, pen in hand close, to re-signing Gabi in and putting "NO, please keep my child overnight!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit you're updating again! Is this the Apocalypse???

10:01 PM

 
Blogger di said...

I know, right? Awesome, huh!? Myspace is lame and Blogger is cool. I declare it!

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here