I hope you're not expecting something specific.

October 25, 2004

No Point

Just a few random thoughts:

OK, serious first. Just to clear something up...911 or 9-1-1 is the number you call in an emergency. 9/11 or 9-11 is the date of the worst attack on American soil. Maybe I'm a little more sensitive to it since I work for a 911 district, but it drives me nuts when people use these terms interchangably. I also hate it when people call here and ask if this is the "Nine-eleven district." Guh.

Does anyone under 65 drive a Buick? Seriously.

I went to go pick up my lunch today and on the way back, my car smelled like tacos and flowers. It was the best smell ever.

Get this exchange on a message board that the co-parent has sucked me into lately. It's a thread on terrorism. I know, sounds heavy...just read:

Me: If blonde women with charming Texas accents in their late 20's were crashing airplanes into buildings, I would expect to spend a little more time at the airport..........

The one who calls himself "Wino": Met a few of those charming ladies over the years - they got up every morning thinking, "I will destroy a mans life today!" leaving nothing in their wake - Made Sherman's march look like a kids game!! Tear your heart right out of your chest and stomp on it!

Me: Ooooh, Wino! Thanks for the idea! I'll add that to my diabolical plan. Muwahahaha!!! We are a charming sort, in a deadly way. But somehow, I make it adorable.

See what I mean? No point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here