I hope you're not expecting something specific.

October 20, 2004

A touching, bonding conversation with my child about baseball

Gabi: Go Red Sleeves!
Me: No, honey, we're going for the Red SOX.
Gabi: But you told me that we were going for the team with the red sleeves?
Me: Uh...well, I guess I did say that. You're right. Go Red Sleeves!
Gabi: How many points do we have?
Me: See the number up by the "B-O-S"? What's that number?
Gabi: 9
Me: OK, what's the other number?
Gabi: 3. Hey, that other team only needs 6 more points. (Seriously, she said that without missing a beat) What's the other team's name, Mommy?
Me: Evil Empire
Gabi: Who's that guy?
Me: That's A-Rod. He used to play for the Rangers.
Gabi: The who? (How easily we forget)
Me: The Texas Rangers! You know...OUR baseball team?
Gabi: Oh yeah. How come they're not playing?
Me: Well....uh.....
Gabi: Mommy? What's an empire?
Me: Did you ever see Star Wars?
Gabi: Uh.....
Me: Never mind.

What I really loved is how she never questioned that they were evil. Just the empire part.

OK, we're up 10-3 and honestly, I'm cheering every out because we're just that much closer to the WORLD SERIES BABY! Go Red Sleeves!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dew said...

I'd like to request a re-title of tonight's episode to "A Touching, Bonding Conversation with My Child About Auntie Lynne's Baseball Team."

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here